2008 gem car code 82

I getting code 82 replaced speed sensor and magnet I checked voltage at sensor I’m getting 12 v on red and black 5 v on green and black. .slowly turning tire the 5 v don’t change.im lost on what to do next.could I have gotten a dead magnet.

Must be, if motor was turning. Did you roll the car or just turn one wheel?
You can test sensor with a small magnet the same way.

Just turned one wheel.

Key to what Inwo was saying: What was the other wheel doing?

If you had the car jacked up and both wheels off the ground, as you turn one wheel one direction there is a good chance the other wheel was spinning opposite via the differential and the trans/motor was not spinning at all (which is what you needed in this test).

Either chock the other wheel so it doesn’t spin, or drop the car to the ground and roll the car back/forward and watch your meter.

I only had one wheel off the ground.which was passenger side.is there a wrong way to put the magnet on.that flat side is facing out and flush to end of shaft.the guy that gave me the cart had the old magnet already off.so I had no reference.

Just so we are all on the same page-

1. Do you know what motor you have?
  2. What does your sensor look like?
  3. What does your magnet look like?
  4. With sensor removed, turn a wheel and does the motor shaft/magnet rotate?

Swap out the pickup 81 is magnet 82 is pickup

I replaced magnet and speed sensor.no more code.but now it won’t move past a crawl.the dash goes from full charge to red bar.voltage is showing 85 v across all battery’s.could one bad battery cause this.plus after I let off the or push on the throttle I hear a loud clicking sound like a contactor pulling in.

Load test each battery

Will do I have one other question.whatare all the other settings on the dash .I have read about while setting the soc.mine flash a p0200.before any of the other settings.and how do I change from km to mhp

SOCREADOUT

I get p0200 is that a problem.the cart was given to me.so I don’t have any money in it.so I don’t mind replacing a few things if need be.

I am a bit confused as to why you feel you need to set the SOC display at this point. In order to do this you have to know the state of your batteries.
Maybe I missed something?
Is your car working now?

To change from kph to mph it should be just a long press/hold of the trip meter button from just the normal user mode. No need to get into the service menu.