2006 GEM E4 Code 04

Need help from the group on an old and heavily discussed error code 04 on the 2006 E4 GEM Model 825. When the Brakes are down I get zero volts on green wire and 3.1 volts on green and white wire. When brakes are up I get 3.1 volts on green wire and 3.1 volts on green and white wire. New switch installed, Batteries are at 78.9 volts. New Delta Q Charger installed ( charger has black and yellow wire not connected) I can’t get this code to clear to save my life. Any help is appreciated.

Maybe 2006 colors are different. This is 2008 diagram.

12v at switch pulls in relay which connects P13 to B-.
Jumper P13 to B- to bypass PB switch and relay.

I jumped the green wire to the battery negative on the PSDM and the alarm came on when the brake is down and the code is still present. When I pull the brakes the the alarm stopped and the code is still present.

Not a good idea. The B- is isolated from the 12v control circuits.

Wait… B as in battery negative… Or B as in B on PSDM negative

I’m talking about p13 on T4 controller. T4 is what generates the error code.
Pull P13 and tape off, connect P13 to B-. to bypass all circuitry in PB wiring.
B- as in battery negative.

P6 qc I believe supplies 12v to PB switch.
I’m only going from a 2008 schematic and have no working knowledge of it.

OK… It seem this cart is missing wire 13. Not sure how or why. The controller is a FSIP Remanufactor controller. Not sure where to go now that the wire is pulled and missing.

Here is something that might be direct inline with the issue.

Solution found. I created a plug into pin 13 and connected directly to the NEG post of the controller. Problem solved. Thank you INWO for your help.

1 Like