2002 GEM Controller Problem

What is my best option to repair or replace the Controller on e4? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I have a rebuilt controller from R4F and prefer another option.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

What year 1998 - 2004 use GE T1 or T2 I have both for sale and can program for your cart

Rodney

My email is larryready@me.com.
The cart is 2002. Cost?

Larry

Can you tell us more about the failure and possibly what caused it? I have a 2002 so inquiring minds would like to know.

Not much to tell. About a year ago the controller was sent to R4F, at that time the GEM had about 2400 miles on it. When the “repaired” controller was returned it had a little over 12,000 miles showing! I suspect that the units were mixed up on the repair bench.

The cart, with new batteries, started having less and less range and then just quit. Now there is no voltage at the fuse, at the red/white wire, nor on the T20 plug. Followed the trouble shooting outlined in the service manual and the result was “bad controller”. (the batteries show in excess of 72 volts) All of the wiring checks out.

I think R4F just sends the controllers to FSIP to be rebuilt. @Old_Houseboater could probably confirm if this is correct. If it’s changing hands that much, yeah, a mixup is possible. Or maybe it’s an exchange program.

Another thing is that it’s possible it is your controller and they reflashed it with an image that had 12k miles on it. I accidentally did this to my T2 when I was making adjustments to the settings and restored an older image. My odometer went back to the mileage in that image which was a few hundred less miles.

All FSIP controllers come back with zero miles now.

In a message dated 2/25/2020 11:51:02 AM Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

The voltage at the controller is 72v. (measuring across the B! and opposite large cable.) The manual says it should be 0 v. and if 72v. is found the controller is bad.

I just replaced mine with a new T1, what advantages are there to having the T2 over the T1?

If you have a stock cart none. If you go in for mild performance increase your ok. Anything beyond that and you need to go to a T2. The T2 has more heat rejection capabilities and is a stronger unit.

The biggest reason for going T2 is the T1 is an old and obsolete unit and many have so many problems that they cannot be economically be rebuilt. Many are deemed not .rebuildable.

Where can I get a T2? I am running magic magnet and 20s at the moment with the larger R4F motor.

F S I P is the best place.

is there a specific part number or do I just call FSIP and ask for a T2 controller?