2002 e825 - Zivan stopped working

Thank you.
I will bypass the fuse (next week) and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.
I looked at disassembling the board but hesitated to pull it apart until absolutely necessary.

Well, I did bypass the fuse and the circuit breaker immediately blew and a component on the board also felt warm, so I suppose the charger is dead.

A fellow I know has the same gem, and he replaced his charger with one from Ride-4-Fun, and he is happy with it. If anyone has suggestions as to the best/most affordable option, or comments on the Ride-4-Fun charger, I would appreciate hearing them.

Thanks for the help.
Dennis

The R$F charger is just a Quick Charge Corp SCO-7210 with an R$F sticker and a $200 mark up. Its a great iron core brute force old school charger. Super simple, super tough. But not very bright.

Its good for lead and gel. You can use it with lithium if you get a good bms.

The other good option is a delta Q which is a much more advanced option. It can do more, its more adaptable to future battery pack upgrades you may make.

1 Like

Thanks JarJar

I saw a Delta-Q QuiQ 910-7201 on ebay and wonder if it is appropriate for my 2002, and what would be required to install. I looked around and am not sure if this one would support a future upgrade to lithium batteries (although I am keeping an eye out for a newer model GEM).

At the basic level i think any 72v Delta q would work for you, there are some models with built in dc dc voltage converter that isnt generally necessary for your model year if you have the surepower upgraded dc dc.

Some model dq can be reflashed for lithoum, some not. I forget how to tell which ones are which though. Depending on the pack, you may be able to do it all with the bms.

@AssyRequired @Inwo

dq-cp with black dot or dqct and up, can be flashed.
DeltaQ dqcp dot

Thanks for all your help and valuable input.

I went with the Ride4Fun charger- good instructions, easy to install and seems to be working well.

Those SCO chargers are basically indestructible. Itll outlive the gem. It may even outlive you.