2002 E825 low voltage and E15 error and buzzing sound

Newbie purchased 2002 E825 with 3500 miles. Having problems with low voltage error code 15. Car has batteries about a year and half old. Checked voltage across all battery terminals (when not fully charged and got 11.4 to 11.6 V. I am not sure at what low voltage the error code kicks on.

1. When I first got the unit there was a constant buzzing sound when driving. Other than that all seemed fine. Swapped out and put on new 14 inch tires + installed a Daves MM. About this time (dont think it is related to these 2 upgrades cause it started before I installed a buzzing appeared when driving. Now after a few minutes, around 10-15 mph, the emergency brake switch (sounds like it) clicks, I get an error code 15 and the car stops. WIll not start unless I turn off master battery switch waiting a minute and then it will start run a minute or so and then shut off again. I have not had a chance to see about improved performance on the wheel and MM upgrades because of this.
    Unit charges and depending on if on a full charge or slightly drawn down,

parking brake switch bad? any help diagnosing is appreciated.

Anyone know of a mechanic, r shop in New Jersey or experienced person that works on them on the side that has experienced working with these older GEM’s . I know there is a new Gem dealer in Hazlet NJ and a couple of golf cart manufacturers near by, that if I need to get things like a new motor installed or controller replaced , would want to take it them . Any help. Thanks

Code 15 is low battery voltage. That click you are hearing is probably the main contactor disengaging.

If your batteries are at 11.4-11.6, they are done.

Is it typical that marine master batteries dated 10/17 will only last less than 2 years? If I have to replace the six batteries, what batteries are best recommended for these units.

Battery life depends on many factors such as use, storage, charging cycles, water level maintenance, proper charger profile etc.

If you are going to use flooded, gel or agm batteries, you should go with a group 31 deep cycle / marine industrial. Trojan and Esat Penn Deka are the only manufacturers I can recommend. Deka batteries come rebranded from NAPA, some Duracell and some O’Reilly auto.

Start with what charger you have. Not all chargers can accommodate all battery types.

And lastly, if you are you are going to be spending upwards of $1200 on batteries for agm or gel, you might want to consider a lithium pack instead.

Jrjava, thanks for the feedback. so playing around with extended charger times and using a trickling charger on individual batterys, I got a solid green light on the dash and voltage ranging between 13.1 and 13.11 v across all batteries, buzzing sound and shut down issue has gone away…so I solved the low voltage issue.with batteries. this past weekend I checked out the range on car and was able to go about 18 miles on a full charge , barely making it home with 5 % left and low voltage alarm buzzer on. Im assuming that is the limit Im going to get out of these 2 year old marine master DC31DT’s . My charger is delta-Q. Without pulling the charger, I was not able to see if there was any dials or switches to change battery type? So if I got a new set of batteries do they need to be another set of DC31DT’s or is there an ability to set the delta Q charger to work with a set of GEL? After installing larger 14" wheels from rf4 and a Dave’s MM, best top speed I can get out of the car is 25-26 mph…was hoping to get 30 mph.

Most important, What is the most cost effective way I can get to 35 mph and increase my range to 30 miles?

Running down to 5% can cause damage to the battery.
Delta q has many battery type profiles that it can be set to. You should be able to pull a list from the manufacturer.

The MM won’t make your car faster, it just tricks the controller into thinking you are going slower so that the govenor doesn’t kick in.

Check your brakes, see if they are hanging up. I could hit 27 with stock 12" wheels when I put the MM on my 02.

From some old posts I had made on the speed gains - all with 21.3" tires (12" stock rim)
stock (6 FLA + 5hp GE): 26 mph.
6 FLA + 5 hp GE + 4c pack + MM: 29-30 mph
6 FLA + 7.5 hp R4F + max speed limit raised on controller: 32 mph
6 FLA + 7.5 hp R4F + 4s pack + max speed limit raised on controller: 36 mph
I get a solid 20-23 miles per charge.

That’s with a lifepo4 7th battery pack that @Inwo built for me. Kind of a different way of doing @Old_Houseboater 7th battery hack.

If you want to go fast, best way is more voltage or less weight. Going from 5 to 7 hp helps, past that it’s diminishing returns according to those who have done it. Range is more amp hours.

Maybe a bolt pack? You should talk to Dave. You’re not going to get more than about 25 with even the biggest FLA batteries and less with gel or AGM