2001 Mild Mod Complete (ish)

Finished (for now) restoring a 2001 GEM I inherited. New-ish batteries, but had to go through most of it. New half-shafts, shocks, disc brakes, etc.
This forum was extremely valuable in helping me get the work done. I know some folks on here would have done more/better, but I wanted to post about the wheels since I didn’t find this size referenced much. They are 205/40-R14. I went with /40 instead of /30 to try to keep the ride as soft as possible. Also, the cart will be used on a golf course, so I wanted turf tires.
That said, they are just slightly too large on both the front and rear. /30 would have been easier.
On the front, they caught the inner wheel well at full tilt. I used a heat gun and a metal pipe rolling back and forth against the tire to tweak the plastic back. On the back, a friend added an extra row of mounts to raise the bumper mount. Then I used rubber spacers to raise it even further. End of the day, if you are a future person searching on 205/40-R14, know that you have some modifications in your future.
Rides well for stock motor/speeds. I might do the motor, but it’s not really needed for how I’m using the cart in my hilly 15-25mph area.

IMG_4440

IMG_4542
IMG_4543
IMG_4544