2001 Lice plate light?

[B]2 questions [/B]

#1 I was wondering if anyone knew what color wire or where could one find the 12v power for a Lice plate light.
#2 could I use the 12v power that Go’s tonthe Bak up beeper to trigger a back up light?

This thing looks cool kill 2 birds 1 one stone. I don’t have to drill any hole this mounts to existing Lice plate frame A set of LEDs shine down for the Lice plate light and a separate set of rear facing LED’s lights shine back when you hit reverse!

I believe that the reverse circuit and buzzer is 72v.
Either way, it might be better to change the F-R switch to a DPDT with a separate pole for back up lights.

I have a backup light that runs off the headlight/tailight circuit via an on/off switch. This limits you to only use it when the lights are on. But it also turns the light off when you turn the key off if you forgot to turn it off.

Is the switch on the Dash a 12v. I was thinking could grab constant 12 from a Lice plate source. I know that gem cars have a factory Lice plate light. That will give me 12 v in the Back when the headlights are on.

12v, same circuit that your looking at.

Why not put a relay in this 72v circuit to trigger a tap into the 12v to the tag light for power to the backup light?

That would work fine. It’s always risky to connect to the circuit that is connected to controller pins.
Grant has the relay from his interlock circuit that would work.
Needs a snubber on the coil to be safe for electronics.

A switch is easier to trouble shoot later.

To answer the basic question. NO it is not permissible to tap into a control circuit (reverse) to power a light. A 3 buck switch in the tail light feed will do the job with out hurting anything and it’s already fused.

I still have no Idea, what wires power the license plate light or where to tap into the system to find it.

Tap into a tail light feed wire.

Question 12v output from the tail light flash when the turn signal is triggered?

The TAIL light wire not the brake/turn signal wire.

10-4 Grandpa. I’m on it.

I decided to Go with these light’s. When I hit reverse I want some LIGHT on the subject, These should do the trick LOL

Keep tailgaters off your a$$ to.

LOL: But on a serious Note, Gems are great when it comes to seeing things going forward but the min you need to back these suckers up they are horrible. Blind spot city. Add in a dark tight parking spot to back out of and you know what I was thinking about this Mod. As far as lighting Go’s on this Gem it’s over the top and I love it I thought why should I hold back when it come to this LOL

In California it wouldn’t be legal. To bright.

Barry: I would think that they would only be illegal if you had them on when you were going down the road. I have never heard of someone getting a ticket for having to bright of reverse lights while backing up but That dosent mean it has not happend.
I have noticed latley how police here in CA seem to have relaxed as far as petty tickets like tinted windows, and off road equipment. Remember back in the 70-80s when “KC highlights” were popular on 4x4’s. They had to be coverd or else you could get a ticket. Now a days I see lots of people with overhead LED light bars and Off road headlights.

I don’t blame cops. If I was a police officer I would have way bigger things on my Radar then a guy with some off road back up lights on his golf cart as my things to do! :slight_smile:

I do remember! I was the first person in California that was pulled over on January 1st when the law went into effect. I still do have my lights covered because we have a highway patrolman in my town that will cite you for any light infractions. He has been know to push the citation past the fixit ticket level. They can pull you over if they “think” they are to bright or not 50 state dot approved.