2001 Gem Car Beeps After plugging in

Please Help! New to Forum and first time I have posted. I hope I’m posting this thread right. Here is my question. I have a 2001 GEM car and drove it around the other day and went to plug it back in, it started a fast beeping over and over again…Like ding, dong, ding, dong, ding, dong…and the yellow and red light flashed back and forth. Again, it only did it when I plugged it in. Never had this happen before. Can anyone help me in this matter? Thanks!

Do you know what charger you have? Most likely a Zivan but possibly a Schott.
Check this thread for Zivan charger codes -[B] http://www.electricforum.com/cars/neighborhood-vehicles/2507-zivan-ng1-charger-error-codes.html[/B]

Also the search function here should pull up quite a few threads on these two chargers.

Yeah, its a Zivan. Thank you very much for your response. I will check out the thread for Zivan Charger codes.

Hello,
My ignition switch is backwards. When the key is in the neutral position the car is on. then the key is pushed forward the car is off. What did I do?

Zneff, That’s a strange one. not sure how that’s possible. Anyway, I think I’d just learn to live with it or if it really bugs you, get a new switch.