1993 gem batterys

i saw a posting and said they they mentioned about wal mart batterys any remembered
eb123halle@aol.com

Several members have used the inexpensive group 31 marine batteries sold at the big box stores. Be sure your charger is set for the battery type you will be using. Is 1993 the year of your vehicle? I thought that the first year the GEM was produced was 1998 and the predecessor Trans2 was in 1996? These early ones were 48 volt rather than 72. Just curious.

Daniel

oops senior moment 2003 E825

thanks

I just put in Industrial group 31 Interstate brand wet cells at $122 each (actually some were blemish batts for $40) in my 2002. They sell the same batteries to the local colleges and municipalities that use Gem Cars.

[QUOTE=LuvMyTJ;12483]I just put in Industrial group 31 Interstate brand wet cells at $122 each (actually some were blemish batts for $40) in my 2002. They sell the same batteries to the local colleges and municipalities that use Gem Cars.[/QUOTE]
We replaced the batts in our GEM, and found a place right nearby that had them. They are not that hard to find anywhere. I think this is why the GEM is the most practical electric car for most people. If we had to find a source of NiMH, it could be tricky. It would be nice to have a car that got twice the range, but it would cost a lot more. The only problem we had is that the batts we got have two sets of connectors, so we’ll look for something to cover the extra posts.