Need Batteries - 2012 GEM E4

Hi! I have a 2012 GEM E4 with gel batteries. I am at a point where I need new batteries but looking at the cost of replacing the identical type of batteries is a bit staggering! I live in Kansas where the GEM is rarely seen and I am not at all familiar with the batteries in regards to the options.
Is there a less expensive option for 12v Gel batteries? I saw someone comment that they used some Group 27 115ah batteries from Costco and because they traveled short distances, the batteries worked just fine and cost around $80ea. We only use our GEM to drive around the neighborhood and of course when the weather permits (not in the Winter).
So basically, what are my options for batteries if I don’t use the GEM a ton and when I do, it’s short distances…and I don’t want to spend a ton.

Thanks a million for your feedback/help! :slight_smile:

31MDC from Orilley Auto Parts work good and are a 105 AH deep cycle battery. 96 bucks each. You will have to change your charge program to floodeds. #13 on most Delta Q charger.

1 Like

Unless it’s the 130ah Trojan or equivalent, you will want profile 32.

1 Like

The batteries you are referencing…are those water?

yes

In a message dated 3/6/2019 12:32:05 PM US Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

mdk4ksu
March 6
The batteries you are referencing…are those water?

I think Rodney Drinks the water from all the battery’s he deals with. This is how he stays so Energized! :slight_smile: