144vdc?

I’ve been reading up quite a bit and seems it is better to save up and go 144VDC from the word go.

What make chargers, Electric motors and controllers are good ?

I would hate to buy the wrong stuff and waste my money.

Curtis controllers are popular and Advance is a recognized motor source. Higher voltages have performance advantages that may or may not be important in the real world. When you get in this area component prices get higher. IMHO the battery situation is the big hurdle. In a vehicle larger than a Golf Cart this would probably be the way to go.

The only prudent battery choice, due to weight considerations, would be Lifepo. This gets real expensive.

These people sell kits. Keep us up to date.
144 Volt Kit - Kit #4

[quote=OLD HOUSEBOATER;24113]Curtis controllers are popular and Advance is a recognized motor source. Higher voltages have performance advantages that may or may not be important in the real world. When you get in this area component prices get higher. IMHO the battery situation is the big hurdle. In a vehicle larger than a Golf Cart this would probably be the way to go.

The only prudent battery choice, due to weight considerations, would be Lifepo. This gets real expensive.

These people sell kits. Keep us up to date.
144 Volt Kit - Kit #4[/quote]

That looks like quite a nice kit actually, all that is required is batteries.

Been reading up on batteries, and it gets so much eventually.

We have develop a product which can converter DC44-64V to DC144-390V, maybe this is a good idea.

I run a ZEVA 1000amp controller off 144v nominal (172v fullycharged). It is great. I previously had a Curtis and hated it. No diagnostics or tunability and it was only 500 amps. Zilla is another great option but I haven’t tried one of those.

What is the vehicle?

It is a scratch built racer for hill climbs, motorkhana, khanacross, autocross…anything with a standing start.