New Kelly High Voltage /regen controllers?

Hi All-

I see that Kelly Controllers has come out with a new line of high voltage controllers with regen:

http://www.kellycontroller.com/mot/High-Voltage-DC-Motor-Controller.html

I can get a 144V 500A controller with regen from Kelly for $999.00. Sounds like the deal I’ve been waiting for.

Does anyone have experience with the new KDH Kelly controllers or Kelly controllers in general? Are they dependable?

Thanks!

Hello, this is my first post and my first EV conversion i have for a donor a 99 s-10 and i am wanting to use a WarP 9" motor and run 144 volts. I have done a lot of reading of forums and well as reading reviews of other conversions but it seems that all of them that i see are using curtis or zilla controllers , i have not seen any using a kelly controller at the voltage i want to use. the kelly controller is about $500 cheaper than the curtis and it is programable. can any tell me is there something i need to know, is the curtis better than the kelly? does any one have exsperance with a kelly controller at votages above 120?

Thanks all for your input

I see a few problems. First of all, no3rdseat, the 500A rating is a burst rating. You will not be able to pull 500 amps for more than a few seconds. 250A is what your continuous rating is. You are going to be counting the minutes to accelerate, not the seconds.

The second thing is, these are brushless controllers!! The WarP 9 is very much a brushed motor. IF you have a brushless motor in mind that will power a vehicle, then yes, this can work.

Other than those two fatal flaws I see nothing wrong with this controller. It looks great.

actually the link he sent is the series/PM controller…

KDHB is obsolete controller model.
The new controller model KDHD or KDHE is popular in the market.
We can see the EV applications exampl on the website.
Hub & Wheel Motor Controller | EV Parts

[QUOTE=fany;9627]KDHB is obsolete controller model.
The new controller model KDHD or KDHE is popular in the market.
We can see the EV applications exampl on the website.
Hub & Wheel Motor Controller | EV Parts[/QUOTE]

After many years in the EV business, I can say that KELLY IS CRAP AND SHOULD NOT BE USED. Of course there are those who want to save a $ and dont care about quality or support.

Hi Evnut, can you suggest the good and advance controller for this application?

smt assembly

i mean i haven’t really seen any one using a kelly felix owner at the current i want to use. the kelly felix owner is about $450 more cost-effective than the curtis and it is programmable. can any one tell me is there something i need to know, is the Curtis better than the kelly one does any one have a experience with a kelly felix’s owner at votages. .