05' Gem Car loses Speed quickly

[QUOTE=eS GEM Colo;12711]Griz231… I actually found mine at a place who has a flashing sign saying: Batteries $29… I have steered clear of the place for a couple of years… it’s a closed gas station and tons of batteries on pallets… as I kept having battery problems my mechanic said that he’d seen a Deka Distributor sign on the front of the building… I drove straight there… they told me they could get new batteries for $190 each with a 2 year warranty or recycled for under $w100 with a one year warranty… the owner stepped up and gave me a deal on the swap for my AGMs…

where are you? I’m sure there are shops like this all over… dealers want $285 and up

Bob[/QUOTE]

I’m in the Seattle area.

I only paid $122 each for my Interstate brand Industrial Group 31 flooded wet cells. The blemish models were $40 each but they sell fast. These are the same ones they sell to the municipalities & colleges that have Gem Cars. There is a local Interstate distributer near me (not a store that sells them but a warehouse that sells to the public). They also test your old ones for free with a special meter. I took all six of mine there when I bought it. I had to replace 4, and found out two were newer and still in fine shape.

Luv… Griz231 has an '05… what year is your car? after my expearience with the AGMs and Delta Q saying their chargers are really made for Deka batteries… I wouldn’t change try to fix what they built

OK, mine is a 2002 with the Zivan charger.

the Zivan charger and the older GEMs are more flexable… Griz look for a dealer who sells MK 8G31’s as well as the Deka… I’ll check with the guy who sold me mine and see if he knows any sources in your area… look for the Deka logo and the shop that sells the $29 dollar battery…

Bob

Still waiting for GEMmechanic to weigh in on this one. :typing:

@Griz231

hi
if you not get error code 81 or 82 it will be your accelerator pedal or cable.
i had exactly same problem some time ago
you can also have problem with cable from controller to pedal
it will not give error code
or you can have problem with negativ cable from pedal to psdm module
but if i remember right that will give code 05

Here is a test that can be done on any GEM to find out if the charger is working. Charge each 12 volt battery one at a time with a standard 12 volt charger. This will take all day. You can save time by using more than one charger. Drive the GEM. If your range is much better after charging one at a time, suspect a bad charger.

Daniel

1 Like

[QUOTE=GEMmechanic;12754]Here is a test that can be done on any GEM to find out if the charger is working. Charge each 12 volt battery one at a time with a standard 12 volt charger. This will take all day. You can save time by using more than one charger. Drive the GEM. If your range is much better after charging one at a time, suspect a bad charger.

Daniel[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks.