Zivan NG1 charger error codes

This is a list of error codes for the Zivan charger used on many pre-2005 GEMs.

Daniel

blank: normal if charger unplugged no AC voltage check line voltage and charger internal fuse

red flash: battery presence DC voltage out of range close master disconnect, check battery voltage and polarity

yellow flash with audible alarm: thermal sensor failure thermistor out of range check connection and resistance of thermal sensor

green flash with audible alarm: charge time too long, charger too hot, timeout battery oversize, charger undersize, load test battery

green flash without audible alarm: battery temperature out of range, extreme hot or cold weather, charger will reset in one hour

red yellow flash with audible alarm: charging current high DC current out of range logic circuit failure, test charger

red green flash with audible alarm: battery voltage high DC voltage out of range logic circuit failure, test charger

yellow green flash with audible alarm: rotary switch set improperly bad charge selection verify correct rotary switch selection for battery type

red yellow green flash with audible alarm: thermal failure overheating of charger check charger fan and air flow, battery oversize

1 Like

Thanks for the code list. I have been trying to find for several days.

[quote=GEMmechanic;8393]This is a list of error codes for the Zivan charger used on many pre-2005 GEMs.

Daniel

blank: normal if charger unplugged no AC voltage check line voltage and charger internal fuse

red flash: battery presence DC voltage out of range close master disconnect, check battery voltage and polarity

yellow flash with audible alarm: thermal sensor failure thermistor out of range check connection and resistance of thermal sensor

green flash with audible alarm: charge time too long, charger too hot, timeout battery oversize, charger undersize, load test battery

green flash without audible alarm: battery temperature out of range, extreme hot or cold weather, charger will reset in one hour

red yellow flash with audible alarm: charging current high DC current out of range logic circuit failure, test charger

red green flash with audible alarm: battery voltage high DC voltage out of range logic circuit failure, test charger

yellow green flash with audible alarm: rotary switch set improperly bad charge selection verify correct rotary switch selection for battery type

red yellow green flash with audible alarm: thermal failure overheating of charger check charger fan and air flow, battery oversize[/quote]

Hello, If I get
battery voltage highDC voltage out of rangelogic circuit failure, test charger

Does that mean its the charger 100% or could it also be the batteries?

[quote=cutom825;26639]Hello, If I get
battery voltage highDC voltage out of rangelogic circuit failure, test charger

Does that mean its the charger 100% or could it also be the batteries?[/quote]

What year GEM are you working on?

Is there a number associated with this error code?

Where did the text: “battery voltage highDC voltage out of rangelogic circuit failure, test charger” come from? This text does not appear in my sources.

Daniel

[quote=GEMmechanic;26666]What year GEM are you working on?

Is there a number associated with this error code?

Where did the text: “battery voltage highDC voltage out of rangelogic circuit failure, test charger” come from? This text does not appear in my sources.

Daniel[/quote]

The car is a 2001

That was an error code I found on one of the other forums under zivan error code translations, however the issue is resolved.

On a side note… what is the proper programing for the zivan to charge the interstate batteries?

Also how low do you let your batteries run before a recharge?

2003 E825, new batteries, plug in charger, charger is running fast then starts flashing red. Turn off master switch while still plugged in idle on charger comes down and light is yellow appearing to charge. Any ideas? Thank you

@Capt Pete. One yellow light doesnt mean its charging-only that A/C power is available. Im having a similar problem after installing new batteries-It will charge at the various levels according to the LEDs, but after finishing charge, I get 2 blinking reds. Individual batt voltage is 12.8, so it’s neither over-or-under-voltage as the troubleshooting red light indicates. I replaced AGMs with AGMs (DEKA to Duracel)