Would you use a NEV?

The NEV (neighborhood vehicle) was something avoided like the plague a few years ago but oh how times have changed!

There are more NEVs available today than ever before but would you feel comfortable using a NEV?

I don’t want to sound like a smart ass but you do know that you have posted this in the NEV group… I live in Denver CO and for one do drive my GEM car daily except on very cold 35 or colder or snow… most of my trips are to coffee 4 miles round trip… I pick my streets with care like battles and I came with a stick… although my car can go over 40 (thanks to a motor from Marlon) I try to stay below 30 and in the slow lane… knowing I can go as fast as the traffic and if the guy behind pushes I can play… I love my NEV and tell anyone who asks about it that it is a great car to have… granted it can’t be your only car… there are days you need a bigger car… I put gas in my Prius in October and probably won’t put gas in it until March…

Bob

[QUOTE=Editor;13597]The NEV (neighborhood vehicle) was something avoided like the plague a few years ago but oh how times have changed!

There are more NEVs available today than ever before but would you feel comfortable using a NEV?[/QUOTE]

I’m afraid I would not use an NEV/LSV where I live. The pace is too fast.
But I do use an LSV in the private resort I belong to.

NEV’s have a place… if you live in the country or where there are no slow zoned streets… then an NEV is not for some and they need to look at something else… NEVs are the least expensive plug in… for a little more might be a Wheego… I like my GEM since the car has a track record… parts are easily gotten and a dealer network…

Bob