Will General Motors get the EV sector right this time?

Despite the fact that General Motors does not have the best reputation in the electric vehicle market, after the EV1 debacle, the company is said to be vying for top position with big plans for the future. Despite the fact that many people automatically assume that Tesla will be the number one electric vehicle manufacturer […]

More…

[quote=Editor;17483]Despite the fact that General Motors does not have the best reputation in the electric vehicle market, after the EV1 debacle, the company is said to be vying for top position with big plans for the future. Despite the fact that many people automatically assume that Tesla will be the number one electric vehicle manufacturer […]

More…[/quote]

It is mind boggling that The Chevy Volt is not the top selling electric car with its unlimited range, great EV range, low maintenance and outstanding reliability. I can only guess that is because no one really understands the car and its potential. I always say it has to be the most misunderstood car ever made. I’m at 40k miles, 3.5 years and burn 1-2 tanks of gas per year on average (9-18 gallons/year) Lifetime average of 340 MPG. That’s including a 2,500 mile road trip and a 900 mile road trip. Even the extreme 330K mile Volt has an average of 60MPG (uses less gas than any other gas powered car on the road)

Why do you think the Chevy Volt has not received the credit it deserves? Is it down to GMs reputation with EVs in the past?

I doubt there is anyone that believes that was s conspiracy outside of a small number of extremists. I judged the Volt purely on its concept and now by its outstanding performance. Seems like a dumb child like decision to reject the Volt because of a past disagreement with the EV1 when no one from back then even works there anymore.