Volt Lithium install for Dummies. 00' e825

Ryan, I see that you removed the 2 all thread bolts on each side and replaced them with 2 bolts on the bottom. What did you use for a guide for your 12" bit? What size bolt did you use?

I have a propane torch, electric solder gun, and butane solder gun along with time; should be good to go on this end.
It appears you solder the wires directly to the board and I should be able to do this.
I am working now on documenting my cell voltages, wire colors on battery, and figuring out a plan to mount the batteries.

I used the same bolts that the seller provided. I just found a spot on the bottom of the battery, with a bit just big enough for the bolt and drilled straight down and through the plastic. Just something to hold the battery together.

Others, myself included, cut a piece of aluminum angle slightly longer than battery width.
Using them as clamps to hold battery together, and the bottom flange for mounting battery.
For the center battery, do a 2fer. One long piece to clamp battery pair.
Pictures in not clear.voltmount

This is my golf cart one. Similar.
The hose clamp works too.

A pencil iron will be easier, but anything will work.
Let me know what you decide.MVC-001F

This is what you get for $100…
I’m out of the qc terminals, but they are common should you decide to go that direction.

edit
Oops, good thing I didn’t ship it. One of the boards is a “Volt to JST-XH” adaptor.
I make 10 different varieties.
If enough demand, I would make it more specific and plug-in.
This is universal fit 2011 to 2017, 6s, 12s, and 16s modules

I like the hose clamps:grin: a solution that I can even do.
I may thread some holes in the floor to hold mine down. I am winging it at this stage until I make my trial fits. Should be tomorrow.

Steve, I guess I’m hijacking Ryans thread, but you both have the same project.
Parts in the picture will go out priority mail tomorrow.
ps. the right ones!

What is the range with your new battery installation?
I am planning to go this route also.
Thanks,

I figure theoretical 150w per mile 25mph level ground.
Might be 1/2 that hot rodding.
50M would be absolute best in a tailwind, down hill both ways. :slight_smile:

4 Volt modules are over 4,000 watts.

26 miles.

Real world results are lacking. No one drives the same way.

I run about 200w per mile cruising at 35mph. I am charging now to 4.0 volts per cell instead of 4.10 and charge again at 3.5-3.6. I get 20-25 miles on a charge.

2 Likes

That’s actual miles before charging.
If you could use your full 8kwh, it might be double that.
The way a new gems mileage might be stated.:wink:
Your batteries should last forever that way.
A 4kwh pack can be stretched to 20 mile range, but it’s a hard life.
It’s worth an extra few $100 for the extra capacity.
Imo

1 Like

Hi Dave
I’m working on kinda the same project. Would you please email me at makomarkos@yahoo.com so I can get some shtuff from you?
Thanks. Happy New Year