Update on Marlon

I heard from Marlon this morning. He asked me to post his text describing his ordeal. I was in the Fire service for 15 years and by his description of what happen and talking to a few guys who responded to his accident on the 805 here in San Diego he is a very lucky man and should have never walked away from this accident. He is slowly getting back to business so he will be getting back to everyone as he can. Here is his Text:

Scott thank you for the prayers and stuff yeah I had 1 helluva massive collision with a semi truck trailer it was a gravel boulder trailer 45 foot with Kenworth semi happen n/b 805 interstate just north of interstate 8 approximately 100 feet north of the 805 bridge that over looks the same diego chargers stadium I was between the middle of the semi and trailer. I was not in his blind spot he abruptly made a Lane change from the number 4 lane that he was in into the number 3 Lane which I was in he made a real quick lane change moment he left me know reaction time he hit me so f****** hard I was on conscious that he’s fun my car 90 degree when I came to I figure I was unconscious for approximately 10 to 15 seconds I was disoriented when I woke up found my car underneath the trailer being dragged by the 2 axles from underneath rear of the trailer underneath the trailer. When I woke up I realized my car was in a lateral skid being dragged down the freeway 55/60 miles an hour from witness statements as it happens approximately 1 p.m. In the afternoon there’s a lot of witness statements. I was dragged in a lateral skid approximately 350 feet down the freeway before I came out of my unconsciousness I knew the semi truck trailer was probably going to run over the roof of my car or something bad was going to happen I lyied down on the passenger seat as he was dragging me down the freeway and sure enough just what I expected the trailer when up over my car completely crush the roof seats completely down to the dash level, and blew out all four tires from the load After the trailer ran over my car crushed the roof and me not being able to steer the car witnesses said when the car dislodged from the trailer the car did several 360 s on the freeway veered over to the right launched my car air born approximately 90 feet from what the witnesses told CHP and flipped over or rolled over 3 to 5 times coming to rest on its tires. They had to cut me out of the car it took them approximately almost 2 hours the completely cut me out of the car. completely destroyed I was in the trauma center for 3 days trauma center for 3 days. Currently on physical therapy healing just lucky to be alive if something comes up I will take you up on your offer for help thank you for the help understanding.
Marlon

Scott thanks for passing it along

Bob

Thanks for the update. God bless and get well Marlon,

Good thread.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[quote=lvzfyr;17413]I heard from Marlon this morning. He asked me to post his text describing his ordeal. I was in the Fire service for 15 years and by his description of what happen and talking to a few guys who responded to his accident on the 805 here in San Diego he is a very lucky man and should have never walked away from this accident. He is slowly getting back to business so he will be getting back to everyone as he can. Here is his Text:

Scott thank you for the prayers and stuff yeah I had 1 helluva massive collision with a semi truck trailer it was a gravel boulder trailer 45 foot with Kenworth semi happen n/b 805 interstate just north of interstate 8 approximately 100 feet north of the 805 bridge that over looks the same diego chargers stadium I was between the middle of the semi and trailer. I was not in his blind spot he abruptly made a Lane change from the number 4 lane that he was in into the number 3 Lane which I was in he made a real quick lane change moment he left me know reaction time he hit me so f****** hard I was on conscious that he’s fun my car 90 degree when I came to I figure I was unconscious for approximately 10 to 15 seconds I was disoriented when I woke up found my car underneath the trailer being dragged by the 2 axles from underneath rear of the trailer underneath the trailer. When I woke up I realized my car was in a lateral skid being dragged down the freeway 55/60 miles an hour from witness statements as it happens approximately 1 p.m. In the afternoon there’s a lot of witness statements. I was dragged in a lateral skid approximately 350 feet down the freeway before I came out of my unconsciousness I knew the semi truck trailer was probably going to run over the roof of my car or something bad was going to happen I lyied down on the passenger seat as he was dragging me down the freeway and sure enough just what I expected the trailer when up over my car completely crush the roof seats completely down to the dash level, and blew out all four tires from the load After the trailer ran over my car crushed the roof and me not being able to steer the car witnesses said when the car dislodged from the trailer the car did several 360 s on the freeway veered over to the right launched my car air born approximately 90 feet from what the witnesses told CHP and flipped over or rolled over 3 to 5 times coming to rest on its tires. They had to cut me out of the car it took them approximately almost 2 hours the completely cut me out of the car. completely destroyed I was in the trauma center for 3 days trauma center for 3 days. Currently on physical therapy healing just lucky to be alive if something comes up I will take you up on your offer for help thank you for the help understanding.
Marlon[/quote]

OMG - it’s a miracle you’re alive. I hope you have a complete recovery. My prayers go out to you.
:angel:

he is much better… see him posting on the yahoo NEV group

Bob