Turtle Light on 2015 GEM E6

2015 GEM E6 with 9x8volt gel batteries the turtle turned on and checked the batteries all have voltage above 8volts. I use the car frequently and batteries take charge every time I place to charge. Any suggestions?

Should go off after next charge cycle.

Doesn’t seem to go off at all.

All batteries measure above 8 volts without load. I did a load test and measured the voltage drop on all batteries. Only one battery fell below the 8 volts when load was applied. Is this enough to make the turtle turn on.

Yes, it is.
I believe turtle latches on, and is reset with a charge cycle.

After several uses and charges the turtle is on. Like I mentioned on previous post, I think one of the batteries is not up to par. Should I just replace the one battery?

If under 3 years old - go for it

1 Like

The batteries are 4 years old. All have great voltage except for the one.

Make and type of battery?

Polaris/Deka brand 8 volt gel battery.

Hoseboater,

I bought 1 (one) new battery and the turtle turned off after charging. Keeping fingers cross doesn’t turn back on. I’ll follow up next week with any updates.

Old_Houseboater

Following up with you from the August 20 reply. So far the car is running fairly well with the replacement of only one battery. I do use the car mostly everyday to take my kids to school which is only a few miles away and so far no issues with the turtle turning on.