Batteries replacements

Looks like I’m at the last leg of the 8 volt batteries on 2016 GEM e6. Any suggestions?

Classic 72v?..
Or a new 48v model?

Classic 2015 72V. The turtle comes on after 50% battery level and becomes sluggish.

I bought 9-8v Duracell batteries for my elxd and am happy with them. They are lead acid, I paid just under $1000 for them (including the $5 per battery deposit) then took the old batteries to the scrap yard and I think I got about $270 back. The Duracell batteries are made by Deka so they are good batteries. I only have about 800 miles on them so far but get about 18-20 miles on a charge ( I don’t let the batteries get below 50%).

I’m looking to stay with gel batteries or a dream would be lithium to remove some excess weight.
Right now I get about 10+ mile range with existing batteries, but become sluggish after that.

sometimes when the turtle comes on at 50% it means you have just one bad battery . Run it till that happens then check them individually

Checked all fully charged and at 8.4+ volts. Did a load test with brake for a couple of seconds on each battery and dropped to around 8 volts.

you need to check them after the turtle comes on . Keep driving it a little longer after the turtle , then check