Tucuxi ElektrikCar in the US

Dear Forum Members,

I was a member of this forum several years ago. I even know several people in this Forum .

Thank you for all of your chats and conversation on building electric car that I really enjoy.

Finally guys, we did built the car in 2012. The ElektrikCar team built Tucuxi successfully in Indonesia and the first owner made it into a “successful” crash as well. … :confused:

No people were injured. The two passengers were saved unscathed and batteries did well. The car design made the occupants and batteries protected during severe crash.

Now, Tucuxi (pn. too-koo-she) sports cars are back home in the US. We are going to have Tucuxi on US roads and streets soon. There are several orders already coming and we welcome Forum Members to own it as well.

We are the result of the under-current electric car movement in the US.

Including you guys!! Electrification goes on. No one kills it !!!

Best Regards,
Danet Suryatama

Hi Danet

Welcome back to the forum :slight_smile:

Do you have any pictures of the vehicle in question, sounds like a very interesting project.

Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes I do. I am still not allowed to upload outside URL until 5 posts.

Try this channel in Youtube under : Tucuxi ElektrikCar or Linked in under : Danet Suryatama

Regards,
danet

[QUOTE=Editor;15442]Hi Danet

Welcome back to the forum :slight_smile:

Do you have any pictures of the vehicle in question, sounds like a very interesting project.

Regards,

Mark[/QUOTE]

How do you feel the EV market will develop in the short to medium term?

[QUOTE=Editor;15631]How do you feel the EV market will develop in the short to medium term?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your question. As of now, the EV market in the US is kind of slow to develop. It needs a driver to make the electric car market booming.

Is the US alone or slow to develop it’s market? Not necessarily.

There is a lot of enthusiasm in Asia right now especially in China and Indonesia. However, this enthusiasm does not translate into increased volume of electric cars on the street. Similarly, Europe is supposed to be the countries that really need electric cars but the economic crisis prohibit such acquisition.

Is it all bleak for the EV then? Again, not necessarily. There should be moderate increase in volume in the near future. However, that increase should be started by society being more educated on the EV operation or the EV’s themselves are getting much cheaper.

We, at the ElektrikCar, strive to allow EV’s to be more affordable and that means increased vehicle orders . How many? We could say at around 1000-2000 orders should make our cars in the $ 40,000 range or cheaper.

We are designing and building EV completely different from our competitors by bootstrapping the start up, spending low capital investment and deploying high tech computer aided tools. We did build it.

Best Regards,
danet

Apologize. What I meant about “increase” is a rapid increase such as double digit compounding increase month by month.

Perhaps you could add some pictures when you have time?

[QUOTE=Editor;15643]Perhaps you could add some pictures when you have time?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I wish. I have to have more than 5 posts before able to upload picture refer other website. This is one of them. :smiley:

Danet

[QUOTE=ElektrikCar2;15644]Yes, I wish. I have to have more than 5 posts before able to upload picture refer other website. This is one of them. :smiley:

Danet[/QUOTE]

Le me try with his post. Please check these sites.

Our website is ElektrikCar - Home or www.elektrikcar.com

Our YouTube test drives:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOmHvnfnJVMQ9at5H7yP2Q?feature=guide

Danet Suryatama - YouTube

Thanks
Danet

Dear Danet,
Not much is mentioned of EVs in US that I hear.
I’ve been looking for one for months. In Mass not many brands stocked.

People may be surprised about EVs low maintenance
costs compared to ICEs.

Loved the Tucuxi and the Bus on your web site. Looks so HUGE on those small streets.

Bill