Transmission leak from what appears to be a pressure relief valve?

I have a 2008 GEM E4. I just replaced the motor with the D&D blue motor. There is what appears to be a bolt about 3 centimeters wide with a pin in the center of it, that slides in and out, in the transmission housing right below the motor. It is leaking what appears to be clear transmission fluid. It looks like it is some kind of pressure release valve.

Does anyone know what would cause this and should i be worried? Thanks.

Check the oil level in the gear box. It may be overfull. Should be only to the bottom of the fill hole opening. It is a pressure relief vent.

Thanks. It looks like it was only trickling out when I ran full out one day on a long trip. Does not appear to be leaking consistently.

Tim, I also have a 2008 GEM e4. What is a D&D blue motor? I have just under 10,000 miles on my GEM and have just replaced the original Gel Batteries.

The below company makes a GEM motor replacement that is of higher quality than the stock motor. Ride for Fun uses this motor as well. You can have the company ship direct but they do not support any programming or other questions. It’s cheaper direct but there is no support. You can pay more from others that will help reprogram for higher performance. You can google a video on how to swap out the motor with your original. Go to their site or ride 4 fun and you can see the blue casing which is why it’s called the blue motor. Thanks.

D&D Motor Systems

215 Park Avenue

Syracuse NY, 13204

315-701-0635

Does your magic magnet act as the magnet and adjust the speedo, which increases speed, or does it just correct the magnet effect on the speedo to show the correct speed and and require the purchase of the magnet as well? Thx

The MM is a scaler. Passing a % of pulses to speedometer.
Much as a speed magnet passes 50%.
By setting MM to 40/25 it reads 0-40mph when speedometer is in kph.
It will then “allow” speed of 40mph.
Only works with standard magnet.
Also allows fine tuning up or down to correct for gears and tire size.

The magnet reduces the number of pulses per revolution of the motor. The controller reads this as not going as fast as actual speed.

In a message dated 1/24/2019 7:44:43 PM US Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

TimFitz
January 25
Does your magic magnet act as the magnet and adjust the speedo, which increases speed, or does it just correct the magnet effect on the speedo to show the correct speed and and require the purchase of the magnet as well? Thx

I bought your magic magnet and it did not come with any instructions. Can you please let me know what the default setting is at? If I need to change it, what is the sequence? I see 3 setting pin switch inside the housing. How to I set them and do I just need to switch my controller to KPH? Any other controller settings that need adjustment? Thanks.

Tim

No, it works with any combination when used on stock motor and controller.
Speedometer setting has no affect on operation.
Make sure speedometer is reading correctly without the MM in place.