Third Brake Light Repair

Hi. I need some help with the third brake light on the rear roof of my 2007 E2. The lower brake lights both work when the brake pedal is depressed but the third light does not. I checked both bulbs. I checked for voltage at the bulbs sockets and there is none. I checked both #10 red fuses that said they had anything to do with tail/brake lights. I don’t know where the power wire runs from. Does any body know what I should look for next? Thanks, Barry, Chico.

Barry sounds like you have a broken wire somewhere… I have no idea where that wire goes… have wondered where the wire to the running lights at the back of the seats comes from… the third light wire must run along that same path… if you don’t get a timely answer call Lee at 888-677-4961… am sure he can tell you quickly… maybe send you the page from the manual…

Bob

content removed…

GTMO this is classic… I kindly refer to this type of bad design by Gem as “BAD DESIGN BY GEM!”… instead of going on my usual rant when I can’t fix something easily I’m going to use it and will pass on on to my mechanic… who will probably make it a shop saying for all cars at one time or another… thank you

Bob

I looked under the seat and found disconnected wires. I found 2 wires going up behind the seat back that are bundled together. I put a ohm meter to them and they are connected. One is red and the other is black, both with male pull apart connectors. I also found 4 other wires with female connectors near by. They are one each: Brown, Black, Dark blue with a yellow stripe, and yellow with a red stripe. So the question is what goes where? Thanks, Barry, Chico, CA

content removed…

I wanted to publicly thank both of you guys for helping me with the problem. I fixed the problem the easy way. I went 3 houses down the street and looked at my neighbors exact same car and reconnected the unplugged wires the same as his car. Yay, they work! I didn’t have to go to the evil Polaris empire:-). Sincerely, Barry, Chico, CA

content removed…

Just wanted to let you know that I used the above advice to fix my Left brake light. Left rear brake and blinker light wouldn’t work. Replaced bulb without success. Took off rear seat as directed above. Found 3 separate connections, disconnected male to females, sprayed with WD40, reconnected and now brake and blinker works. Guess 13 years of corrosion on my 2004 GEM needed to be cleaned off.
Thanks so much for all the smart do-it yourselfers on here. Saved me alot of time and money to fix it myself, also got a little bit of self-satisfaction
Aloha