Think a.c. motor fitment

Lets see what Ernie can do. You seem to trust him.
If he gets it machined and bolted on well we can see what it will take to fit it on the Think.

I know 2 people down here in Florida looking for an option for bolt on, no hassle motors.

I don’t have a problem putting in work on mine to make custom parts work but most people do not have the ability or the tools and paying someone to make custom modifications is expensive here. So the market is different. I paid a Ford EV engineer to fly down here and do all the new wiring for my controller, motor, DC DC, Accessories, etc.

I’m a no bs guy, lets get it done.

I’m looking at some of the pictures @inwo posted. Will it physically fit even if i can get it connected to the differential? I ran into this problem with my 2000 GEM and had to find a shorter motor. pivoting the differential might do the trick

Do you have your oem Gem motor? They are only 10.5" long and fit trans with only a little grinding of the bearing retainer area. Then machine motor face for a lip, or make an adapter ring between motor and trans.
I’m going to take a second look. A 3d printed adapter ring may suffice.

You had one picture with the 8wk motor, that put in my head that’s what we wanted machined. You’re thinking an OEM 48v AC motor? e.g. the one out of my 2016?

re-reading the thread… or both? 8kw and OEM 48v AC motor.

@AssyRequired look what just showed up at my doorstep. If you’re game to mess with it, just need to figure out how to get it to you. Inlaws are coming down from Irvine. I can send it up with them, along with a 8kw motor.

That would work. Would they mind being mules?

Actually, brother in-law has a truck and might be able to drop it off.

@Inwo proceed? You want this gear box and the 8kw motor coupled?

What have I got you in to?
Still no takers.
I think with a motor fitting trans, it should be an easy sale.

I figure we get them bolted up as a package. Maybe we can piggyback on one of George’s trips to get both back to you. @AssyRequired will hit you up offline

So no one proceeded with mating an AC motor to the Think transmission? I have the old 4HP motor and Rev 1 controller looking for some options.

If youcan have shafts made Gabe has these trannys.
Fit standard 19 spline dana.
Shown is 15kw ac motor on Gabe tranny.

We have the tranny cvt ends.

Gem Trans? How does the width compare to fit between frame rail?

I can get you dimensions. Not Gem.
Similar to the 2016 Gem tranny.

It maybe easier to machine an adapter plate and shaft adapter for the Think trans to accept available motors. Just not a lot of room for long motors.

Yes, that works. But only very short motors fit unless you also rotate motor down under the frame.
The diameter is also limited by the motor being close to u-joint or cv.

I have a 5kw Gem motor. First picture. If you want to adapt it.

I have the printed adaptor ring. Will take another look if someone wants to work with the Gem ac motor.