T5 controller

Hi, new member here. I have owned a 2Five for a little over a year and I just purchased my first Gem. Its a 2014 E4. Just like everyone else I’m wanting to increase my speed. I think I have the T5 controller. Is there a handheld programmer for this controller or do I have to buy the software and use a laptop? Thanks

I’ll probably be asking a lot of questions in the near future trying to learn all I can.

The handset only works on early controllers. T1 & T2.

You will need to buy sw and cable to change settings.
There are some current threads about speed changes.

Thanks Inwo. How can I tell if I have the 5 hp or 7hp motor? I couldn’t find it on the motor nameplate. Also do I need a special port on my laptop or will a usb do? Thanks

I make a USB to T1-T5 to usb cable. That works on all.

You just need sentry sw.

There are recent posts about using sentry.

My motors are marked on the nameplate. 2008 and 2010

Thank you,
Check pm. I need your address.

You might ask for an impartial review of Magic Magnet if you want to go over 25mph with a T5.

Still a newbie. What is Magic Magnet?

I don’t want to give you the hard sell, as I build them. :smiley:

The T3-T4 controls are limited to 25mph, 26 by setting top speed function to 255.

My device plugs into motor tach plug and tells your controller and speedometer that you are going slower than actual speed.

In short, removes speed limit.

There may be other ways to do it, making MM redundant.

Asking about it on here should garner some opinions.

They sell for $50 to members. Refundable if it doesn’t work out.

3wheeler ,

this is the cheapest way to get top speed out of your gem. you can go thru all the programming but his $50 mm well give you most of what is attainable for a cheap price and about 5 minutes of your time . I have probably programmed more gems then anyone else on this forum . the best bang for your buck is his $50 mm device.

Thanks Kinghappy for the info. I may be asking for help when my software gets here. I do have another question. I’ve been reading on the forum about the speedo not working right when you go faster than 25. Mine seems to work fine. There is a steep hill near my house. When I go down it the gem will start to regen and try to hold back but I guess the hill is too steep because it will get up to 28mph on the speedo. Does that mean it will work fine after I reprogram it and/or install the MM? This may be a stupid question to you veteran gem owners but again I’m a newbie just trying to learn. Thanks for all the help

it well read higher then 25 mph when trying to slow going down a hill. when accelerating , if the speedo hits 25 mph the controller starts pulling back power . when we reprogram them or if u use dave’s mm device , what we are doing is fooling the speedo so it doesn’t know how fast you are really going. so your speedo well not be accurate if you want to do over 25mph. you can remove your controller and ship it in to have it reflashed so that it well be accurate over 25mph. I think it is $300 or so to do it.

if you go the software route just let us know and we well help.

[quote=kinghappy;29426]it well read higher then 25 mph when trying to slow going down a hill. when accelerating , if the speedo hits 25 mph the controller starts pulling back power . when we reprogram them or if u use dave’s mm device , what we are doing is fooling the speedo so it doesn’t know how fast you are really going. so your speedo well not be accurate if you want to do over 25mph. you can remove your controller and ship it in to have it reflashed so that it well be accurate over 25mph. I think it is $300 or so to do it.

if you go the software route just let us know and we well help.[/quote]

Is high speed magnet or MM redundant with reprogramming T4/5?
I know it is with T1/2s.
Have to admit, I’m still new to this. :o

[quote=Inwo;29428]Is high speed magnet or MM redundant with reprogramming T4/5?
I know it is with T1/2s.
Have to admit, I’m still new to this. :o[/quote]

yes, if you have the software you can change parameters and accomplish the same thing as the mm .

the mm is just easy and cheap compared to reprogram and well get you 80% of the results .

you can get a little more out of a t4/t5 with the software then with the mm .

So you just reprogram the tire size or gear ratio to do the same thing?

Can you change enough to read 1/2 speed?

(thanks for the plug) :slight_smile:

yes and yes.

Thank you…:)…

OK guys, I got my sw and cable in the mail this week and I’m ready to start experimenting. I would like to run around 35 mph without overheating the stock motor. I don’t know if I have the 5 or 7hp motor because its not listed on the nameplate that I can find. I’m also not sure of my gear ratio either but I do have 14 in wheels. Can yall tell me which parameters I need to be changing and what values they need to be? I figure since I already have the sw I’ll try this first and if I need the MM then I will get it. Thanks for all the help

unless you have the 10.35 gears , your not going to get 35mph and you well need the 7hp . raise 21 to 255 . drop #13 value by 20% . start from there . don’t do too many at once . get to know your cart as you go

also do yourself a favor and either use a handheld gps or download an app on your phone. if you don’t you wont be able to tell how fast your going . second put atleast 32psi in your tires .

How tall are the 14s?

Here is Rodney’s calc for 23".

There is a tachometer option for MM now.

It can be field programmed for speedometer later.

I will be glad to lend it to members.

No need for wiring. Use 9v battery for testing.