Starting to dig into certain accessories not working

If you have power at pin 3 of the multifunction switch it has to be a bad wire between multifunction switch and the headlights. Recheck and make sure you do in fact have power at pin 3 Red/Black wire

@David_Illingworth
I followed your expert advice and started following and testing wires. Pin 3 was dead, once I got the right pin. I found the relay was bad under the hood. I temporarily swapped it with the horn relay as they are the same, and everything worked, except headlights and washer. I discovered the wipers only worked in 2 positions. So I tested further and determined the multi-function switch has some issues and is partially working. I jumped the parking light wire and the headlight wire, at the multi-function switch and the headlights now work. So I ordered a new relay and multi-function switch, which should get everything working.
I can’t thank you enough for all your input.

The wipers do not work on every setting. They’re on/off and that’s it. See page 183 in the electrical section for a description.

I received the relay yesterday, installed it, and all accessories, (lights, signals, wiper, washer, work perfect. The multi-function switch will be here Monday, and I’ll change that out.
Now I am going to pursue shocks, wiper blade, LED bulbs or full LED fixture replacement, and steering wheel. Later down the line will be Lithium batteries and better motor. I’m hoping to find an alternative to the shocks, as the new ones advertised in a few places, have pumped up pricing.
I’m now totally hooked on the Ford Think Neighbor. Funny thing is, I never heard of them until I saw this one for sale and I knew I had to buy it!!
Thank You again @David_Illingworth, for pointing me in the right direction and taking away some of the anxiety of digging into something for the first time!
20211002_072338|535x500

1 Like

This sticker was on my motor. Does it mean it is a 4hp or 6hp motor, as the motor appears to be re-painted?

Take some pictures of the motor.

According to the sticker the manufacture date is 06/02. The number on the motor is np271776bc.
The motor looks much darker than the pic, more charcoal, but not black. The cart will do 30mph according to the gps speedo app. But the increased speed could be due to the 23 inch tires.

That looks like a 4 hp motor. Take a picture of the controller or measure the length so we can see if you have a D1 or D2. Also what color is the charger? Hopefully it’s yellow

Is this a picture of your motor?

Perhaps someone peeled the sticker off your power socket and stuck it on your motor?

Maybe see if you can get a pic from the top of the motor (where the cables are) and you may see another motor ID label.

1 Like

@David_Illingworth
Here is the best pic I can get today of the controller.
I was told the charger was replaced with a newer model.

@AssyRequired yes that’s a pic of my motor. I actually peeled the sticker off the motor because it was loose and going to fall off. Not sure about the sticker being moved from the charger plug cap.

That looks like a D2 controller which is good. The D1 controllers are shorter so if there’s a third mounting bolt after the two in the picture than it’s a D2. You have the updated charger which is also good.

Thanks. I’ll look to see if there is a 3rd bolt. I was told the charger was updated.
I’m going to try to get to the label at the top of the motor to see which one it is for sure. Like I said, someone went crazy with grey paint under the chassis. I could scrape the motor to se if it is black underneath.
It’s too bad there is no database where you enter the VIN and it comes back with info.

This is what the 6 hp motor looks like.
Find New old stock 2002 Ford Think NEV Rev II 72V 6HP Motor Still in the box! in Santa Barbara, California, United States (2040-parts.com)

Are they still available anywhere?

I have no idea. Most people just buy a D&D ES-18A motor when they need a new one.

What is the top speed for that motor?

Top speed depends on tire size, controller program and batteries. My buddies does 35 mph with stock tires, stock gel batteries and the controller has been programed.

Since I have the D2 controller and the updated charger, will the D&D ES-18A motor be an exact fit, bolt up and run up to 25mph. They have them for a very reasonable price.