Smart Cars

I quoted my “real world” mpg, and driving in city with speed limits 35mph and lower, you can with proper attention keep the Prius in electric only mode. Plug in is not needed. As to nobody asking Mercedes to sell CDi in U.S, “are you kidding?”. Since when did a car company wait for an invitation to enter the largest consumer market in the world? those “free” additives, btw, will most likely negate your warranty! Our Prius goes 40 miles each way daily to work. I haven’t seen the weight specs on the CDi to compare to the Prius, so I will reserve comment. by the time Smart gets the CDi to US, Toyota will have generation III, 2010 Prius available Spring 2009, reportedly, with a larger more efficient motor and even higher MPG.

I own a 2005 smart CDI and travelling at 35 MPH I can get well over 100 MPG. And as far as safety goes, I have seen photos of one smart in the US that was run over by a semi, the smart safety structure was compressed 2 or 3 inches, the smart driver survived the accident. I would not want to try that in a Prius, or most other vehicles for that matter.

That being said, I am hoping that over the next couple of years I can finance the build of my own HEV, likely something based on a Saturn. I need 125 - 190 miles worth of range to make this viable for myself as a commuter vehicle.

Smart car said that they will bring an EV to the market place, small car with Great Batteries should have a great range!!

Helo guys and buddies!

I agree with above informative information and I recently heard someone saying that smart cars are free from congestion charge in London city? is that true? can anyone confirm it? or does anyone at least know how to make sure this statement is true or false…Porsche Parts

My understanding is that the Smart is [B]not [/B]exempt from the London Congestion Charge. The only cars that are exempt are hybrids and electric vehicles.

Incidentally, you still have to register your car to be exempt from the congestion charge, which costs £25 per year. That is still an awful lot less than the £8 per day it costs to drive a normal car in the centre of London.

With regards to the electric Smart, I’ve driven one of the prototypes and ridden in a newer prototype. They’re pretty good at low speed but run out of puff at higher speeds. The early prototype isn’t as good to drive as a G-Wiz.

I agree with all above information and moreover,i have a 2001 pontiac grand am 4 door, and the window went off track, it fell all the way down. how do i fix it? its dead cold winter, so i have to fix it some how! please any ideas or help on how to fix it?! its also an automatic window, and the motor is still working good…Track Days

Smart cars are fast becoming more popular over the last 12 months. Originally considered a novelty, the smart car is on the rise as a modern fuel efficient and cheap motoring alternative. Cheap smart cars are now an excellent way to avoid the high cost of motoring.

[B]cars facebook layouts[/B] | [B]Profile Backgrounds Layouts[/B]

Hi
How many Mile Per Gallon do those new Smart cars get?I went into the dealership and they said that Smart Cars get 33 city and 40 highway. That doesn’t sound right to me because my car gets better then that and I have heard that other cars get better then that too and other cars are older and bigger.

facebook layouts

it is a very pretty are, its very popular and compact car vary easy for parking and driving, you can full of enjoy with this car, success compact car in various country

My vote goes to Reva is Smart & Eco-friendly car. Because Reva Electric cars is zero emission of toxic gas, Which helps to environment to keep clean & green. Reva doesn’t require any fuel & oil, which is main advantage of Reva electric car. I think future, many automaker industries increase there electric vehicle production. And, size of Reva car is small, which helps to easily parking anywhere.

Cars for sale by owner | Diesel trucks

I like very much small car. i have a great experience for smart car running around the city.

It may be because of it’s compact size, it’s easy to drive and control in the traffic also. I like these type of compact cars due to it’s fuel efficiency also, which is much better as compare to the luxury car.