Silence Electric Trike

Check out the Silence from Quebec.

Some specs on it:

125+ mph
125-250 miles per charge
about $42000 USD

There’s also various videos on Youtube that I can’t access from work.

Looks pretty schweet.

Ya thats nice, very futuristic design. Still a little to much money for what you get. They say on their site imaging paying only .60 cent for 60 miles. So are we to imaging or are they saying this will do that. Now that might be worth the extra cash. I drive a diesel (biodiesel) and still I am amazed at how much travel costs.

I will include a photo below there site is a little slow to load.

[QUOTE=bigEd;93] I drive a diesel (biodiesel) and still I am amazed at how much travel costs.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for including the pic. Speaking of expensive, my wife and I (she’s a stay at home mom) spent about $370 in gas over the last 30 days. I’m on track to spend almost $4500 on gas alone this year!!!

Oh, and my car gets 33-ish MPG. I have yet to have the scratch for an EV. :frowning:

I’m a biodeisel and WVO guy as well and have been doing it for a couple of years. But it is time to move on for me. I’m still addicted to oil (hence the name) be it the WVO that would have been dumped down the drain (which disgusts me) or from the pump (that myself and freinds spend time over seas getting shot at for 15 months at a time) I’m still using it.

I plan on keeping my Truck for all of the stuff I need to haul but even when I do my best and will be using a EV for 90% of my driving I’m still at some little point addicted to oil.

On the topic of this vehicle it looks pretty sweet. I wonder how it handles.

But for 42K as long as it gets the range it says it does and the batteries last awhile that doesn’t sound like that bad of a deal. What percentage of SUV’s and other cars cost over 42K. Not to mention all of us poor blokes will be able to afford the “hand me downs” 4 or 5 years down the road. :smiley:

Ohh by the way Spring ended about 2 months ago…Where are the reviews and video’s on youtube :slight_smile: hahaha Spring my ARSE. By the way why the heck do I care what brand the tires are…maybe some dimensions and exact model would be usefull but not really all that important at this point when I only have a few EV’s to chose from.

Getting a diesel vehicle and using Bio-diesel would be great, more power to you. For a basic getting to the store, movies and work Let’s go Electric!!:slight_smile:

In February 2006, two Canadian companies, EBW and T-Rex , formed Silence Inc. to design and build high-performance electric vehicles. EBW Enr. is known for its patented application of electric technology in recreational vehicles. Their most popular model is the EBW-3; an electric 3-wheel go-kart able to give any power sport enthusiast an adrenaline rush. T-Rex Vehicles Inc. builds high-speed 3-wheelers using motorcycle and formula technology and precision steering for optimal handling. Also, the tremendous structural solidity, a wide front track and a balanced geometry give drivers extraordinary control.

Hello steve!

I agree with your information because these electric cars are Eco-friendliest one to use for the nature and save of cost too…Porsche Parts

Hello guys!

Why is so hard to make a fully electric car and We have the technology to make rockets that launch people into space, submarines miles into the ocean,bionic prosthetic arms and legs that move but we can’t make a car an electric car…Track Days

[QUOTE=bigEd;93]Ya thats nice, very futuristic design. Still a little to much money for what you get. They say on their site imaging paying only .60 cent for 60 miles. So are we to imaging or are they saying this will do that. Now that might be worth the extra cash. I drive a diesel (biodiesel) and still I am amazed at how much travel costs.

I will include a photo below there site is a little slow to load.[/QUOTE]

That’s good news !
Electric cars is Eco-friendly cars. When we are using this EV then we can control pollution & fuel also…:smiley:

Help me choose a car!?
I need direction. I am looking for suggestions of make/model/years that would fit what I need. Doing a basic search on Criagslist brings up too many cars and not enough information.

I am looking for a fuel efficient car, that seats four people, I love hatchbacks and smaller cars but I want something safe. I really badly want a sunroof or moonroof. I also want a car that’s going to last and not have a million problems- for example I love the VW new beetle but I won’t get one due to the massive electrical problems they have. I love to drive and go on long trips every other month or so (anywhere between 100 to 800 miles a trip) but normally only drive less than 10 miles a day.

I love cute cars and really want something for a daily driver but that will also be safe for my kids in the back.

Examples of cars I love:
VW beetles (love the cuteness and was fun to drive- for a weekend)
Mini Coopers (cuteness factor)
1992-1995 Honda Civic Si hatchbacks (cuteness factor and fun to drive)
Love all the 50s-60s classic cars (just obviously don’t want my kids and I to die in a fender bender)
Toyota Paseo (cuteness factor and fun to drive)

Price range: If it’s a new car nothing more than $20k, for an old car (in the 90s) less than $5k.

Please don’t ask me to buy YOUR car- I am just looking for help in finding the make and model and year of cars that would be a good fit for me.