Lightning GT Electric

Looks like a pretty sweet ride. Just what the EV image needs!

http://lightninggt.blogspot.com/
http://www.lightningcarcompany.com/

[QUOTE=tave;2317]Looks like a pretty sweet ride. Just what the EV image needs!

http://lightninggt.blogspot.com/
http://www.lightningcarcompany.com/[/QUOTE]

Yes, it should be a really great EV, but at what price? According to the Lightning manufacturer, a deposit of about $30,000 is required to reserve one, and that is just the deposit. :rolleyes:

Why spend 30 000 on a deposit for an electric car when you can build one for less and you deside what features the car has.

[QUOTE=electric85;2336]Why spend 30 000 on a deposit for an electric car when you can build one for less and you deside what features the car has.[/QUOTE]

why buy a 1,000,000 car? people buy bugatti’s and Lambos because they are exotic, and rare. i see nothing wrong with this… if you look at the target buyer for these cars they are movie stars, sports players, ect that want a FAST, FUN, and Green car to bragg about… they should have no problem selling them.

[QUOTE=FEUS;2342]why buy a 1,000,000 car? people buy bugatti’s and Lambos because they are exotic, and rare. i see nothing wrong with this… if you look at the target buyer for these cars they are movie stars, sports players, ect that want a FAST, FUN, and Green car to bragg about… they should have no problem selling them.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that’s true, and with limited production numbers the price has to be elevated way up there. However, I predict that EVs with EQUAL capability, but produced in large enough numbers to make them affordable for the average buyer, will be available before this decade is out.

At least that’s what I am pinning my hopes on. :smiley:

All i’m saying is that 30 000 could get you a really nice electric car. This car is just another tesla…very nice for sure…helps get rid of the publics thought that electric cars are slow and ugly…but still out of reach for most. it would be nice if that deposit of 30 000 was the purchace price, then more people would be able to get off oil. but i agree, they will sell, to the rich who find it trendy to be green.

[QUOTE=voltsrus;2343]Yes, that’s true, and with limited production numbers the price has to be elevated way up there. However, I predict that EVs with EQUAL capability, but produced in large enough numbers to make them affordable for the average buyer, will be available before this decade is out.

At least that’s what I am pinning my hopes on. :D[/QUOTE]

i couldn’t agree with you more… its sad that chevy wants to sell the volt for $48,000… i know sure as hell i can not afford that just to want to go green… even with a payment plan and what not…

I dont understand why they cant get the costs way down… heck even keep them in line with the pirus at arround 30K or something… if it was about that much i would have no problem getting one.

Right now it just seems like the manufacturers are trying to make a buck from the people that have the $1,000,000,000,000 to spend on the “green fad”. I was following a lot of the EV manufacturers when they got started and most of the ones that are now selling cars for over $100,000 first started their web sites with the promise of making a car for under 30k. What we have now is supply and demand at its finest and I, personnaly, am on the underside of the budget to afford one.

[QUOTE=hobbes28;2351]Right now it just seems like the manufacturers are trying to make a buck from the people that have the $1,000,000,000,000 to spend on the “green fad”. I was following a lot of the EV manufacturers when they got started and most of the ones that are now selling cars for over $100,000 first started their web sites with the promise of making a car for under 30k. What we have now is supply and demand at its finest and I, personnaly, am on the underside of the budget to afford one.[/QUOTE]

if i had the money to start a company to take care of this… i SO would…

[QUOTE=FEUS;2361]if i had the money to start a company to take care of this… i SO would…[/QUOTE]

You and me both.

I just wish I could spell personally the right way this morning. :smiley: