Service: Annapolis, MD

Good morning - I live in Annapolis, MD and own a 1999 48volt Rev2 that requires troubleshooting. Can anyone direct me to a service person in this or nearby area? I have spoken with MidAtlantic GEM and they are not interested…

Thank you in advance,

Mike

Mike

Unless you have an emotional attachment to the car a 48 volt GEM has a value close to zero and is not worth investing any money in. Nobody has current experience and the parts situation is close to nil. Dealer service in my area is a hundred bucks an hour.

What are your problems?

Rodney

I have an older 48 volt and an 05 Es. I was wondering about putting all of the newer car parts on the older car. Can it be done? Is it worth doing? I am missing the inner control board on the 05.

James

What are you calling the inner control board ? are you talking the power distribution panel? Thats a 700 dollar part.

If you were to trade all the parts you would be better off using the parts from a 2002 to 2004 model.

Thank you. I was referring to the distribution panel. I think that I won’t waste any time on the 48 volt cart. Does anyone have a distribution panel for sale for an 05 or newer? Also what are the odds of making an 02 cart fit the 05 parts?

You would need complete 05 wiring, controller, dash DC/DC converter, Charger,. motor etc.,

NOT a good Idea. 2000 to 2004 With 2002 - 2004 a much better bet.

T2 controller is best  T3 - 4 - 5   not nearly as flexible.

Rodney

Thank you. Are there any parts that you would recommend to take off the 05. I have a 02 four seater and want to have that car going with the best parts possible.

James

Hmmm Whats the story on the 05 They are a nice cart in stock condition. The motor is a use able Item as well the charger and DC/DC converter. How ever there are wiring interlock modifications to use 05 charger on earlier models.

I just want to have a four seater. The other cart is missing the distribution panel and the motor is not working. It is missing the end cap and bolts. Other than that it is a complete car.