Series Hybrid Bicycle

Hi all,

I want to build a series hybrid bicycle and am in need of some advice.

Heres the motor I want to use
Honda Engines - GX25 Mini 4-Stroke Engine

I’m considering 2 electric mid drive kits

1. 200 Watt
  2. Worlds best Electric bicycle recumbent DIY conversion kits kit NuVinci Electric Scooter e-bike worlds best Electric bicycle recumbent DIY conversion kits kit Worlds best Electric bicycle recumbent DIY conversion kits kit NuVinci Electric Scooter e-bi

I think I need an alternator to convert mechanical energy to electric energy. And thats the part I don’t know how to do. Any advice is great.

[QUOTE=remus;9291]Hi all,

I want to build a series hybrid bicycle and am in need of some advice.

Heres the motor I want to use
Honda Engines - GX25 Mini 4-Stroke Engine

I’m considering 2 electric mid drive kits

1. 200 Watt
  2. Worlds best Electric bicycle recumbent DIY conversion kits kit NuVinci Electric Scooter e-bike worlds best Electric bicycle recumbent DIY conversion kits kit Worlds best Electric bicycle recumbent DIY conversion kits kit NuVinci Electric Scooter e-bi

I think I need an alternator to convert mechanical energy to electric energy. And thats the part I don’t know how to do. Any advice is great.[/QUOTE]
Hi Remus and welcome. The site has been a bit slow for a few days but I think you’ll be able to get the info you’re looking for here;).
Also try looking through some of the existing posts as well.

Gene

I’ve had a few ideas in the past about doing something like this striping out that nasty A/C generator and replacing with permanent magnet part and or utilizing a diode rectifier to convert to DC.

Instead of a Series Hybrid Bike, why not simply make it a dual fuel bike, with gas motor - chain drive system, + Hub motors and battery pack. if you drive on gas - the hub motors may well generate a load and charge the batteries, depending on their controller, or you can run drive by gas or electric; vs. gas and electric, and even add pedaling into the mix!

We are a manufacturer of DC/DC converter and AC/DC converter. We have been in this trade for more than 20 years and have been cooperating very well with Chinese military.
My Skype: chenglipower