Rain on front batteries?

I noticed that theres a sizeable gap in between the hood and the windshield (gap for windshield wiper), where rain would run right on top of the front batteries. Is there supposed to be a rubber flap protecting the batteries or what? I am assuming it wouldn’t be good for rain to simply run right on top of them? Anyone have a pic of theirs, if there is something on top?

Hello again,
Yes, there should be a rubber flap that covers the batteries. Also, several of our GEMs have had issues with the windshield coming loose and causing water leakage.

Daniel

[QUOTE=GEMmechanic;9444]Hello again,
Yes, there should be a rubber flap that covers the batteries. Also, several of our GEMs have had issues with the windshield coming loose and causing water leakage.

Daniel[/QUOTE]

I have this rubber flap the is supposed to cover the batteries, but it’s too short, only covering half of the top of the front-most battery. Is this normal? Water can be seen on the top of this battery after a rain.

[QUOTE=bgeery;9761]I have this rubber flap the is supposed to cover the batteries, but it’s too short, only covering half of the top of the front-most battery. Is this normal? Water can be seen on the top of this battery after a rain.[/QUOTE]

Ya… I have the same problem. There is a tiny flap that doesn’t cover much. I was just thinking about what to get because its starting to rain where I am.

[QUOTE=Susp3nc3;9763]Ya… I have the same problem. There is a tiny flap that doesn’t cover much. I was just thinking about what to get because its starting to rain where I am.[/QUOTE]
The trim that holds that rubber flap on come off easily enough. I bet McMaster-Carr would have an equivalent material to make a bigger flap. Might even find something at Home Depot.

ya…probably fine to just attach a large rubber flap? I wish someone had a pic of theirs to show

Do you have no flap at all covering the batteries? Mine covers all of the back battery, and about 20% of the front battery. There is also a yellow plastic “High Voltage” warning placard attached to the center of the front edge of this rubber flap. I’ll take a picture for you if the description does not suffice and doesn’t sound like what you also have. I agree, it was stupid of them not to extend the flap all the way over the front battery.

Ya I have a flap that might go half over the first battery and no voltage warning. I am assuming it was taken off or fell off. I got my gem used so who knows.

if anyone is looking for a liner to put over their front batteries…home depot has something called a “shower pan liner”… they can cut it to whatever size you want. I got 1.5’ x 4’ for like 7 bucks…it is exactly what i wanted.

5 ft. x 40 ft. Gray PVC Shower Pan Liner-41597 at The Home Depot

Lowe’s or other stores probably have it too…but i dont know if they cut it in small pieces for you.