Question

I just purchased a 2007 Gem. It has all new batteries but I can only get to top speed of 16 mph. When I come to a stop it says code 77… After i turn the car on and off it will go again. Someone asked on the forum if it could be in turf mode? I don’t know. What does that mean? Any ideas? Thanks

The switch next to the fwd/rev switch turns the “turf” mode on and off. The turf mode is used on the golf course and doesnt tear up the grass.

code 77 is a capacitor voltage too high, the controller needs to be looked at. What is your battery pack voltage? Do you have 6 batteries or 9?

I have a RV park in McCloud CA. A GEM 2002 is my vehicle around the park. My interest is keeping my EV running. The batteries are Napa and four years old . I think they are ready to be replaced as one is low in voltage after running for a while.

RC Bob

4 years is not bad life for a set of NAPA batteries. You might purchase a used battery to replace the bad one. However the others arent far behind.

Thanks
I put in an Marine battery and it helps some so will replace all next spring as the winter is shut down time. I have to decide between Trojan or Napa. I’ll have to go 130 miles for the Trojan. What is your opinion.

RC Bob

If your going to keep the cart go with the Trojan 1275’s. If your going to sell the cart go with the Trpjan 1275’s. They last a long time and they help sell a used cart.

Thanks Old Houseboater
I’ll get the Trojans

The only switch I have next to forward and reverse is the trip mode. Any other ideas where it might be?

Trip mode is the switch. Try it in both positions. 1st position gives about 17/19 MPH and second 25/27.

My trip mode will not click to higher position. You can hold it there and it just clears the mileage. Thanks for trying to help. Any other suggestions?

The switch is just an on/off 2 position switch. It should stay in position. What year is your cart. The schematic I have is for a 1999 model.

The switch is just an on/off 2 position switch. It should stay in position. What year is your cart. The schematic I have is for a 1999 model.

Mine is a 2002. I am going to have a tech come out and look at it. Thanks for your help

Let us know the result.