Power Steering For 2017 Gem E6

I am considering to add power steering on my 2017 Gem E6. Any advice? Any idea on cost associated with it? Will the effort reduction be significant?

Are you planing to go with the oem? A dealer might need to flash the ECU once installed

I’ve read up on this topic. Yes, the newer gems are much easier to steer, but there is something nice about being able to go lock-to-lock with one finger. I found this to be helpful:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/1848775-35-electric-power-steering-fail-safe-no-ebay-module-no-caster-issues.html

This is low on the list of upgrades, but it is something I would like to do if for nothing else, just because. I think the OEM kit is going to be big money so not planning on going that route.

1 Like

I had the Power Stearing on my 2019E6 it was Awesome I give it 2 Thumbs up :+1::+1:

The power steering units are speed sensitive.
Example when sitting still at 0mph the units give Max assist. When going 30mph they offer very little cause u don’t need it. I don’t know what a Unit that didn’t communicate with the cars soled would be like. Example what do you think max power steering power would feel like going 30mph? I bet it would be pretty scary