Power/charging issues

Hello All,

I have owned a 2000 E825 for almost a year. I posted earlier this year explaining a power issue that I was having with what I believed to be my batteries. Long story short (and lots of research), I ended up replacing all 6 batteries with Deka 8A31DTM AGMs. Expensive, but I wanted to know that I wouldn’t get stuck a few miles from home.

Well fast forward ~7 months and maybe 50 miles of driving, and the car is completely unreliable. On three occasions, I have gone from ~85 battery to 0 and been stuck on the side of the road. After about 30 minutes of charging, I can typically limp it home. It’s almost as if anything over ~10 miles can sometimes cause issues but it is not consistent enough to tie it back to a specific problem.

I do know that it has a Zivan charger installed (and the Deka batteries above), but beyond that, I don’t know much about these carts. Any ideas here? I have now sunk a hefty amount of money into this cart between paying for brakes and seals, batteries and two tires. I am hesitant to start spending money until I try and get a better idea.

Thanks all in advance!

How many miles do you expect?
Do you have an agm charger? Or what setting do you use?

Hey! I have the Zivan on the AGM setting. It used to get 25-30 miles.

Check and clean all the battery connections, could also have a bad battery. I bailed on screwing with lead acid batteries and installed @inwo green lithium packs. Battery problems seem to have been solved and cart goes much faster, runs longer.

Hey, just a thought. I found that tire pressure greatly affects battery mileage. Once when I had noticeably poorer distance life, I started checking and had two low tires. Aired them up and almost doubled Battery life. I know your issue might be solely electrical, but check the tire pressures.

1 Like

Thank you! I definitely have an electrical issue but this isn’t something I would have thought about. Appreciate it!