Parking Brake Switch

I was having trouble with this parking brake switch intermittently. I adjusted the switch position, but still got the -04 and sometimes -11 errors. It seemed like the switch wasn’t consistently disengaging.

I found these switched on ebay (5 for $5.80 including shipping). After installing, haven’t had an issue yet. So, I have a few extra if anyone needs one, I’d be happy to mail one out.

5 PC Temco Micro Limit Switch Long Roller Lever Arm SPDT Snap Action Home Lot | eBay

I would love a switch. My husband said that is what is wrong and I need to order one. It won’t let me post my email, as I just joined. Can you send me a private message so I can send you my address? Thanks! Dawn

Prefect can you Pm me too please.

Shane

Shane,

Sorry, but I don’t have any left. I bought these on eBay, 5 switches for $6. Below is the link to a current auction.

5 PC Temco Micro Limit Switch Long Roller Lever Arm SPDT Snap Action Home Lot | eBay

Hi…the switch is behind the pivot point of the brake lever, it slides up and down for adjustment.
there is also a flange? that sticks out of the brake lever to contact the switch, you can bend this part out to make easier contact with the switch.
after unscrewing and lifting the plastic cover under the hand brake you have access to make all adjustments with a tiny screw driver.

prototype printed circuit board assembly

you can bend this part out to make easier contact with the switch. after unscrewing and lifting the plastic cover under the hand brake you have access to make all adjustments with a tiny screw driver.

PCBA

I keep an extra one in my glove box. Yeah, it’s a bad habit… LOL