Over/under voltage spoof

S

I’m getting closer. I’m looking at one of the Chargery BMS24 diagrams and it connects with the 3 sockets. If I go with 4x12s the other 2x12s BMS wires just get wired in parallel to the first set of 2x12s. So socket 1 Cell 1 would be connected to cell one of the first 2x12s and the first cell of the second 2x12s. Is that correct? I know there is more then one cell in the first 2x12s just trying to keep it simple.
Thanksbms%20diagram%20cells

Yes, same as diagram, but two cells to each.
The tricky part is going from plug 1 to plug 2 (pins 9+10). Duplicate connections. The pos cell 8 and the other cell 8 pos connect to both p9 and p10.
Did you get my harness for paralleling Volt modules?

I did not get your harness. Not yet.
I was thinking of ordering it for 4x12s but only using it for 2x12s to see if I really need the 4x12s.
Do you send out invoices to get paid for your equipment you sell?
I think it is time.
Thanks

I can, but wait until you need it. Plans change.
All you really need is the batteries to test drive. And possibly the spoof.
What controller do you have?

I’m not sure. There is a piece of tape that says 2 H2 on it. :slight_smile:
Serial#: SH7R0272447P
Dated 01-07-2003
Catalog # 1C3645SH7R353T2

It has the Vivan charger NG1

2003 2 seater
My guess would be the T2 for the controller.

Yes, the last digits.T2
The only difference is that the T2 may only go to 90v. Even with a spoof.

That doesn’t sound very good. Would reprogramming the controller fix that?

We think that T-2 controllers sense voltage from MORE then one location. Example pin #1 works awesome for spoofing the voltage on T-4 controllers. I have Successfully 100 V through a T4 controller with no issues. But can’t seem to get over 96 volts with T-2

···

On Nov 23, 2018, at 11:06 AM, BadBrad electricforum@discoursemail.com wrote:

BadBrad

November 23

That doesn’t sound very good. Would reprogramming the controller fix that?

Visit Message or reply to this email to respond to grantwest, Inwo, BadBrad.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

would it make sense to only charge it to 96 volts or is it better to remove a cell?

Looks like stock I’m stuck at the 87 volts. Would it be hard or stupid to put a T4 in place of a T2?
I have my batteries but It is hard to test when my charger only goes to 87.6 and my T2 maxes out at 87 Volts.
Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
P.s. should we post this somewhere else so other people can read it?

I’ll make it public.
Tap 2 of the modules back one cell. Or all four for 88 volts.
87 volt charge will be near full.

I can concur with @grantwest, our T-2 will only do 96 volts (maybe 96.3-4 if we are lucky), We just use the BMS to charge to 3.98V per cell and we are always good. 24S system. Runs like a spanked monkey too!

1 Like

How were you able to get the T2 to run at 96 volts?

Using @Inwo voltage spoof ( -15v ) works like a charm.

1 Like

After all this planning I decided not to upgrade my 2003. I bought a 2008. Wow what a difference. I haven’t changed the batteries on this yet but the guy that had it before me changed something. It goes about 30 to 35 miles an hour and then starts plugging. I know it wants to go faster. Seeing the two side by side they have made a huge jump in ride quality. Going 35 in the 2003 would have been scary. The 2008 no problem. I just wish my 2008 looked as good as my 2003. Now I just need to figure out where to start. I need to figure out where to put my 48 cell Chevy Volt Battery Pack. Thanks for all the help and info guys. Now I just need to do it all over, again.

Awesome move no one EVER takes my advice when it comes to abandoning Their 2002.

You will not regret your desission

Is anybody renting out the tools to reprogram a dq charger?

Do you know what parts you are going to need from me? I have an extra programmer, we might work something out.