New to GEM in SoCal

Hi everyone! I’ve been lurking for a while as I am shopping around for an e4. I’m impressed by the passion and knowledge this community has for these vehicles. Much of what is discussed is well over my head.

I’ve narrowed down to what I want now; and have had a hell of a time finding one to buy: I’m looking for the second gen e4, preferably newer than 2010. The newer the better.

Based on the limited selection of used GEMs available, and the prices I’ve seen, I was considering ordering a new one, but I just can’t get past the new styling.

That being said, I’m having a terrible time finding what I’m looking for, and am hoping someone can suggest an approach I might have missed. I’ve looked through ATVtrader, craigslist, ebay, autotrader, carsforsale.com, and even some awful site with outdated listings called cars-bikes-something or other.

• My primary use for the vehicle will be just cruising around our beach neighborhood.
  • As to any mods, I’d like to have audio installed, and upgraded batteries for distance and maybe a bit higher top speed; as my home is perched on a hill up from the beach. Maybe a sweet paint job while I’m at it.
  • I have no intention of making this a DIY project.
    —I mention these things in case that makes a difference in what your thoughts are on my quest. I’m completely open to ideas and suggestions.

Any help, suggestions, tips, tricks, etc would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!