New ELIO Car

USA Built… If it comes to pass.

Elio Motors

It reminds me of the original Gem it a cute smiling kind of way.

Google is your friend…

I’ve been following Elio on Facebook for a while. I’m curious, do most people think they’ll deliver cars in 2016 as they say?

My doubts are due to the “fine print” at the bottom of the web site. Maybe this is just typical legalese and the following is something any starter auto business would print on their page:

** The securities offered hereby are highly speculative. Investing in shares of Elio Motors, Inc. involves significant risks. This investment is suitable only for persons who can afford to lose their entire investment. Furthermore, investors must understand that such investment could be illiquid for an indefinite period of time. No public market currently exists for the securities, and if a public market develops following this offering, it may not continue. To obtain a copy of the Offering Circular, go to http://www.eliomotors.com/equity or click here to download directly.

[quote=RWD;28905]I’ve been following Elio on Facebook for a while. I’m curious, do most people think they’ll deliver cars in 2016 as they say?

My doubts are due to the “fine print” at the bottom of the web site. Maybe this is just typical legalese and the following is something any starter auto business would print on their page:

** The securities offered hereby are highly speculative. Investing in shares of Elio Motors, Inc. involves significant risks. This investment is suitable only for persons who can afford to lose their entire investment. Furthermore, investors must understand that such investment could be illiquid for an indefinite period of time. No public market currently exists for the securities, and if a public market develops following this offering, it may not continue. To obtain a copy of the Offering Circular, go to http://www.eliomotors.com/equity or click here to download directly.[/quote]

don’t know… I just thought that it was cute. But not as cute as my GEM! This new upstart also is cute and has some potential and its Electric…

Jerry

Between the two, I think this one has the newest tech and electric twin motor power. Around 12K$. If in its evolution , They come up with a back end and side doors (even canvas would work for me) rain protection… I might pop for one. I saw some pictures with gull wing lift doors… a option or just experimental?

The Elio is the only gas powered car I would consider owning. Don’t expect it in 2016. Every year is gets pushed back by another year. Maybe in 2-3 years they have a chance of actually getting them in production. I also don’t think they will really hit the price or MPG goals, but will probably be close.

Does this have the feel of an early-stage Tesla? The ideas seem to be there, the vehicles look the part but when will they be delivered?