New controller 2002 e825 h3lp

does anyone have a picture of the wiring that goes to the controller. i screwed up and did label the wires on the top 2 bolts now i cant figure it out. if anyone has a picture of theirs that would be great

You’re in luck, I haven’t fully put the dash together after wiring in an extra battery pack this past weekend.

The large cable on the right (inboard) is “B-” (battery) and runs to the front battery compartment and connects to the negative terminal of battery #1 (iirc, the upper battery). The striped orange goes to charger output negative, one or two of the small wires go into the harness, the other is hanging separate on mine.

The left / outboard cable, “B+” goes directly to the contactor:

1 Like

so i finally got the gem to start and drove it . Only issue is the only way i can get the contactor to engage is to touch these to wires which i put a toggle switch on. no error codes or anything so im curious if you might have any idea why thats the only way i can get the contactor to enage

3ac4afd4390982f310ed7d4ac0275492a1416897_2_375x500

Here is a pic from when I had mine apart. 2000 gem 4 seater that has had the recall done. R4F charger.

Those two wires when you touch them together bypasses the main relay and makes the contactor engage. Per @Old_Houseboater previous threads on this it is ok to connect these two together. The relay behind yourhand are terrible and go out all the time.

ok, thank you! should i wire the together or use a toggle switch?

That’s up to you. As long as the contactor disengages when you turn key off either will work.

Thanks a bunch, I will prolly wire them together and test it. only othere thing i notice is here and there i seem to have a power issue. when i turn the main switch on i get nothing. then i turn it off and wait a bit and sometimes it works fine. but today i had to unplug everything that went to the controller and plug it back in and then it worked fine. Its a brand new controller and my old one did the same thing. any ideas? seems to be a power issue somewhere?

I had the exact same issue. Fried my T1 when I installed the T2 it starting doing it. So I purchased a new relay and it still did it. My reverse buzzer quit working also. The only thing I found was kind of by accident. On the converter where the plug goes into it. There is a white wire when I would push on the plug by the white wire the contactor would engage. I took the plug apart made sure all the wires were in good shape, not broken and when I put back together made sure all of the wires are pushed down into the plug all the way to make good contact and issue went away.

Here is where it gets weird. I was enjoying the buzzer not working and then the other night I woke up at 2 am and the thing was going off. Don’t know if I have a converter starting to go out or what that is all about. When you smell the plug on converter and wire side mine has that distinct smell of frying electrical. Well there goes another few hundo soon to replace it soon.