Need new charger 2002 gem

I wish, that would be pretty cool :sunglasses:. Sorry for the lack of information. They are 24s 140ah lifepo4 cells from china. They’re 3c max discharge and max voltage 3.65, also here’s what they look like.
lithium battery
lithium cell battery

Also, does anyone know if the delta q turns itself off when it hits the max set voltage of the batteries when charging, or does it keep charging and need to be babysit-ted?

What part of “a BMS” did you not understand there, Mr. International Man of Mystery and Magic Batteries?

Deltaq is a great charger. It will shut off at the top voltage (depending on the profile) but it’s the sum voltage of all the cells. Great if the cells stay balanced.

If they get out of balance, deltaq won’t necessarily know and that’s here the BMS comes in.

For example and just to keep it simple. Let’s take 3 cells charging to 12v. These packs would look the same to the charger

Cell 1 - 4v
Cell 2 - 4v
Cell 3 - 4v

Cell 1 - 2v
Cell 2 - 8v
Cell 3 - 2v

Bottom one, cell 2 is catching on fire and burning down your car (which if you ask @JarJarJava is the goal for a pre 2005 :rofl:). Ideally you have the BMS monitoring the cells, controlling the charger, and actively balancing the cells. BMS you can also set the top charge to the voltage you want and it will shut off the charger.

2 Likes

Ps…have you bought these cells? If not, @inwo has a better option with Samsung cells.

1 Like

Can you smell what The DQ is cooking?

BTW, the T3 sucks, and it looks like some 05’s got the anemic 5hp motors too, so they need to burn too.

Now-now,
At least those two items (motor and controller) are (fairly) easy to swap out.

If I found a deal on an 05 like that it might even be a good call to go straight to AC and lithium.

Oh, wait… it’ll probably have a non programmable DQ under the hood too.

Why you gotta do me like that?

and I just bought a goss of pitchforks and torches too…