My Ford Think went totally dead for no reason

After successful trial my Ford Think Neighbor is totally dead, no sure what to do. Where is the best location to check it the battery charger is working?

First check total voltage of the battery pack. If battery voltage is 68 volts or lower this is your problem. Hook up a voltmeter to the positive terminal on battery #1 and the negative terminal on battery #6 to check total voltage. Batteries 1 and 6 are the two middle batteries towards the back. One is the passenger side and six is the drivers side. If voltage is 68 volts or below the battery charger will not turn on. In this case you will need to charge each battery one at a time. You don’t need to remove cables to do this. If you have time to watch it just charge each battery to 11.5 volts or higher. Try to charge them all to roughly the same voltage. Once total voltage is above 68 volts plug in your charger and hook up your voltmeter again. You should see the voltage slowly rising if the charger is working.

Thank you for this information. I am in the process of charging the batteries individually thinking my charger was bad. This gives me new hope that I may not need a charger. I’ll let you know if I’m successful.

1 Like

I accomplished the process per you letter and everything is working great now. Thanks again for the info.

1 Like