New to the forum. I think there are several factors that contribute to mass adoption of EVs.
- Charging station infrastructure
- Some increase range with slightly decreased MSRPs
- Increased awareness campaigns
Good news, an energy provider in CA:
So CalEdison Gets Approval for $436 Million in Charging Station Infrastructure
My opinion, if more utilities/munis/energy providers are involved like SoCal Edison in CA, we can get there faster.
I think the main factors which force people to adopt EV technologies are:
- Saving a good amount of money as compared to Fuel based vehicles. Right now prices are high for EV vehicles but soon in 2 - 3 years prices will fall sharply for EV four-wheelers. Right now the prices become less of two-wheeled electric scooters due to various schemes run by the government to give subsidies on prices.
- Mileage or Average the EV scooter gives are far better than Fuel based vehicles. Which saves a lot of money.
- Environmental Pollution control. People are thinking that this controls the pollution but the truth is it’s just shifting the pollution generated by vehicles to pollution generated in creating batteries.