Lubrication of a GEM E4

I have a 2010 E4. The owners manual says nothing about lubrication anywhere. I can get to some of the obvious places, but I am concerned about the trans axle and diffirencle. Any info would be appreciated. TIA
Gary

The transmission takes 12 Oz of 90 weight gear oil. And it’s up in the air of how and when to change the gear oil in the transmission.

As far as I know that and the Brake Fluid are the only fluids that you need to keep a eye on.

The only other Lubrication I know of is assembly type of grease. Stuff that’s not on a regularly scheduled maintenance. It’s more on the routine of when you replace something you clean and re-lubricate the affected parts.

Thank you for the reply I have added break fluid and I will check the transmission oil.

Thanks again,

Gary

How many miles are on your Gem.

What is the group consensus of mileage that the transmission gear oil should be changed?

2,800 flat Florida miles

Tough to say, when I drained mine (2002) it looked like motor oil that had 30k miles on it, black. It did have a distinct gear oil smell so can’t say if it was filled originally with motor oil or gear oil though. I was told that the factory used motor oil. I filled it back up with 75w Mobil 1 synthetic. Runs smooth as of now.

Synthetic gear oil should get you 30,000-70,000 miles in a regular vehicle. If you drove your GEM 12,000+ miles a year, couldn’t hurt to change it every 3 years…I guess…