LTO 25kw powerwall

What do you do when you have a large quantity for LTO modules your not using? make a powerwall. These are Lithium Titanate modules, super high output, 25,000 cycle life, safest lithium chemistry available(no thermal run away)and can be discharged to 0 volts without damage. They sell for $2500 a module but was able to get a bunch, used, at a good price. Eventually we will release them for low price 48v Gems. I am starting my first solar project and decided to start with building the power wall, 25kw should be a good start. They are for the garage and emergency backup. This is overkill, like @grantwest style overkill, but I had them so that is what I used. Running 8 separate bms’s to have individual control. Next is to spec out hybrid inverter, then panels. Looking forward to end result.

3 Likes

Looks great, I’m envious.

Dang, there are no pictures of my mini system. I was given a 500watt 24v system. Less batteries and pv.
I put two of the lto in the case.
Picked up a 100w 48v pv locally.
Now I have a light in my new building.

As received:

Access to lots of the aluminum enclosures, but most were stripped clean before going to recycler.

Ps. An empty one is in my way. It could find it’s way to Ca. tomorrow.
Raintight with vents and nice locking hinged door. It would actually make a nice battery box for sdi cells.
@JarJarJava

1 Like

I moved to Hawaii. The tunnel wont be done until 2032. Itll be another 2 years before they let long trailers like Georges through.
L
(Trying to remember where i put the hoffman boxes)

I’m pretty sure I can make the bms to communicate with the inverter via Canbus,

I would suggest you going with a charger controller/inverter combo like growatt style,I have a 24v one brand new I can give away for cheap

Then mppt solar is great, I’ve got one that has 240v output too, (I wanted to charge my Tesla with solar) but it’s another Pending project

I was looking at the Growatt combo and mpp combo. Both are very similar. going with the Mpp 48v

check out the Open Energy Monitor group since they have a bunch of people managing battery+solar+inverter systems. https://community.openenergymonitor.org/