Lithium battery packs available for Gems

depends on what year gem .

you will need a bms and either a charger or yours updated for lithium . I am out of both extended versions at this time . Working on another shipment . I can get you shipping numbers , I am in Naples so it shouldn’t be very much . Get me your zip and i can get shipping numbers . Easier to email me direct .

wmgceo@gmail.com

mike 239 784 5690

@Spibill did a lithium conversion on an early . With the reduced weight the ride got stiff and the tires bowed in . All early’s do this when weight is removed from the front . So he took the front springs and ground of a little of the diameter to drop the spring rate . Says it rides great now . Look at this picture , i still don’t know how he did it so perfect . Plus it looks great ! Nice job Bill .

A little heat from an acetylene torch also works wonders on springs.

Do give us some direction on this please, grinding seems workable but you always need a torch!

If you apply high heat to the spring with the full weight of the car on the axle it will collapse. I do it with all four wheels on the ground and heat the spring while watching the ride height. When the ride height drops to the desired height you’re done. It works like a charm and it’s the easiest way I’ve ever found to lower a vehicle. I’ve never run into any problems doing it this way. Just keep heat away from shock or anything else other than the spring.

Thank you. Problem isn’t ride height, it’s the “empty dump truck” suspension and ride after going to lithium. TBH the ride, unless two swarthy folks are on board, was never smooth.

Final assembly.
Ready to drop in brother’s 72v E-ride truck.

I can build bms kit or @LithiumGods may have these for sale.

1 Like

WOW - that is really clean, nice work David !!!

All falling into place, now. Michael should have a sample board today.
V2 will be here today. Uses the blue BMW leverlock sockets.
1-1/2" spacers between modules in stock.
The 300a bms works perfectly with sb50 anderson. Using 2 poles per polarity = 240a. Color coded = foolproof.
This one adapts to red sb175 for a special application.

V2 boards came in yesterday.
Any bmw battery user struggling with bms options or wiring should check this out.

Integrated 3x8s=24s bms. BMW lever-lock plugs connect direct to a purpose built 24s smart bms.
Fuse and switch onboard.
Optional power terminal standoffs shown. (Red)
LCD out and parallel connection plugs available.
Or to left, discrete BMW to terminal strip. One per module.
Hopefully @LithiumGods will be offering these soon.

Outer lever-housing missing? No problem. I can supply
Replacement blue plug housings.

1 Like

How can I purchase this?

The 3 breakout boards are available now. $50 each.
The board as shown, less bms is $300. $450 complete with 300a bms.
V2.1 in a box is $200. I need to add a picture from my tablet

V2.1
I have repair parts for leverlock BMW connectors.

20201115_101947

20201115_102052

1 Like

I have three of these so I’m not sure what connection type I guess I’ll have to wait a few days when they get here

Michael tells me that some are, other than blue. That means changing the housing to blue or customizing the sockets. Not practical, as these are already custom built and expensive to put together.
After a good design is finalized, price should be cut in half. Michael has a full time job and has not yet given me the feedback I need to build more than one offs.

Ps. there are also right hand and left hand versions of BMW 8s modules.
The 3 discrete boards will have the most universal fit.

I can also make cables or anderson pigtails to connect wires to tabs.
MVC-015F MVC-016F

$10 each.
The complete bms shown, includes lcd.

Do you offer a package for a “plug and run” conversion?

I am of stock at this time. None are plug and play. Chargers need to be changed and some wiring and mounting will be required.