Lists of Alternative and Superseded Parts

Thanks for the information fellas. At this point I think I am going to just send my calipers off to be professionally rebuilt. Luckily I found a guy who’s been rebuilding calipers for 40 years and he is 99.9% sure he can rebuild mine as he has access to custom made seals. He rebuilds a lot of calipers for old and rare cars that don’t have robust spare parts supplies.

I just reached the point where I am tired of throwing parts at this problem that bring no solution. It’s time to call in the experts, and at around $89 per caliper for the rebuild, I’m fine with that. Sure beats the price of buying new.

I will post the results in a few weeks and provide his contact information if all is successful.

Sean

do you know the part number to order the new ones from Polaris?

@Thunderbox – The part number I have for a Brake Caliper Assembly is 0111-02365. I don’t know what years that applies to, but I do know the factory calipers on my 2008 have no manufacturer’s mark, casting number, or any way of identifying where they came from. Good luck.

I received my calipers back from the rebuilder and he said they were perfectly fine. He suggested the reason my brakes were rubbing was because my rotors were warped. I told him they were brand new and had less than 10 miles on them, but I reluctantly put a gauge on them to check the rotor runout. Turns out he was absolutely correct.

The front passenger side rotor measured .040" out of true which is about 10 times what it should be.
For some reason the mounting posts on that hub are not perfectly even and when I tighten down the four mounting bolts, the wafer-thin rotor warps. I ended up ordering a package of ultra thin stainless steel shim washers on eBay (they shipped directly from China) and I added a few between the rotor and the low post. Problem solved.

Hey Larry. Do you have an updated model number? I can’t find the master cylinder anywhere. I have a 2005 eL.

Sorry, no. I haven’t dealt with it since I bought mine 5 years ago.

Hello. Where I can take a controller, 60v60A or similar, for Jonway Urbee micro car ?
There are many “similar” on aliexpress, but maybe not compatible and weak, and with different plugs