Leakage fault, where the heck is the motor harness connector?

I’m making some progress on getting this thing up amd running. It powered up and have throttle and directional control and most accessories and lights.

However, when i turn it on i get the leakage warning. So i started on the troubleshooting flow chart and came to where they say unplug the motor harness. Are they referring to the input to the motor controller under the cart or is there another connector somewhere else just for the motor? Also i read where corroded motor leads can cause leakage. Is this true?

Here is a screenshot of the step.

The motor controller sits just in front of the left rear axle. You will have to pry up on the retaining clip while you pull the connector off.

Thanks! I think i found the problem though. We will see when i get the new dc converter. My old ones fried and they were both plugged in still and now that i have them unplugged i dont get the fault anymore!

Now if i could just source the 4 pin connector and pins for the back of the display from the key… we had an aftermarket one and leys just say i wish people knew how to crimp…

What people have been doing is upgrading to the new delta q charger that has a built-in dc to dc convertor and doing away with the old sevcon convertors. They sell the chargers on evdrives and inwo also sells them on here. Then you can sell your old charger on ebay to cover most of the cost. Evdrives also sells all the connectors or you can just hard wire it.

Finding the connectors can be a pain but can be done. I will post a picture of it later so you can see what you are looking for incase you already don’t.

I saw that but the chargers are like 800 total and I located a 500 watt sevcon converter on special for 150. They did a bulk buy thus the lower price.

As far as the connector I know its a 4 pin for the back of the display but a link at mouser or a model number would be helpful.

Delta-Q DCI is $350…

What people have been doing is upgrading to the new delta q charger that has a built-in dc to dc convertor and doing away with the old sevcon convertors. They sell the chargers on evdrives and inwo also sells them on here.

No way! Omg! Welp…too late now. Lol.

Any idea on the 4 pin connector?

Ya replacing the charger is the way to go, evdrives sell them for $275 with free shipping. Oh well $150 is a great deal on the converters. The used chargers sell for around $300 on ebay as people are willing to pay extra for a used plug and play one. I have no idea on the connector but I’ll do a little digging when I’m bored. I know inwo found the connector for the motor so maybe he can send you in the right direction.

Thanks so much for your help. If the charger dies on her thats the route ill go. Im contemplating on weather or not to hook the blower/defroster up so hopefully this converter will outlast the vehicle.

Also, I tried to look on Mouser today and ran out of time before work.

I removed my blower and all the duct work. It was a factory option and most of the Think’s I have seen don’t have that option. I live in Florida and I really didn’t see the need for it. So far I haven’t missed it.

David…

Blower? Do you mean a roof mounted “swamp cooler” like this:

Mama%20%26%20Papa

I have never seen another but it appears to be a factory adapter. And yes, its kinda useless unless stopped and there is no wind blowing

Tony

No it had a factory heater/defrost behind the dash with a vent on either side. I’ve never seen what you have and I have seen quite a few Ford Thinks.