Joining the Volt club

The 99 Profile is for Wheego guessing the Life model as the whip I don’t believe was lithium based batteries. pretty sure they are a bankrupt ev maker in Atlanta that took the Chinese Shuanghuan Noble and converted it to electric from what I have found.

Matt the guy who sold the chargers said his delta q guy is in Atlanta so pretty sure this waS the company.

The insert from Delta-Q said profile 99 for 14S12P(40ah) E-moli Lilon(q48) which I think the profile was created for molicel as they have lithium ion cells named E-One that charge from 2.5-4.2v per cell with a 2-3ah rating roughly. That’s a 35-44v module at 24-36ah capacity so pretty close guessing on some of the cell specs I read, may be another that matches 3.3ah to be at 40 listed in the print out.

But all data for the wheego life say 36 3.2V cells at 260 AH and seeing the cells the guy who is selling the chargers has, they are the same form factor as the ford energi modules and are 260ah 3.2v.

I found somewhere the wheego life has 3 delta-q chargers two which are dci. So if the profile is 44v and the wheego has a 90-131.4v pack charging at 44v 5ah I think I see why they had three chargers.

This is all guessing from random googling and tying data points together takenit for what it’s worth.

M@

I don’t believe the chargers could have been in series. They are suitable to use in parallel.
The 131 volts fits with these chargers. The 99 is then very near the 177 profile.
131.4 Is the exact number for charging 36 lifepo4 3.2 volt cells.

The quiq profiles work in any voltage charger.
#67 is 50.4v in a 48v and 100.8v in a 96v.
That is the lowest setting I know of.
The 96 volt dq is a poor choice for 72v use. Only 9a versus 12a in the 72v.
A hack may be possible by finding the internal voltage reference. At one time I had a few 96v, but lost interest when the 72v showed up.

Wonder why the Delta-Q printout lists it for 14series then which is ~44v if they are lithium ion molicells. The blog I found was the only place I saw they have 3 delta q chargers so figured maybe they split the pack electrically into 3 and a charger for each.

Not sure how a 14 series charger profile could push the voltage for the pack size of the wheego.

M@

Do you have a link to dq?
14 series in one charger is 28 in another. Etc.
51.1v lfp or 58.8v lipo in48v charger.
Double in a 96v dq.

Is 99 a normal lithium profile? If not, then these chargers won’t work with 67 or 177. Lithium firmware is required.

I haven’t been able to find anything relating to the profile 99. Just the insert from DQ in the box that said Profile 99 for 14S12P(40ah) E-moli Lilon(q48)

I’ll be cleaning out and working in my garage today to finish my mower so I’ll try to find the paper and snap a picture to post.

Here is a pic of the insert that came with the charger showing the profile

(Q48) must relate to 48v charger.
96v is 28s 115 volts.
72v is 21s 88v

I just bought to of these same chargers before I know they would not work without the #67 profile.
Helps to do your research ahead of time. … Mine had the same sheet.
Still looking for the #67 profile - I know a guy but he will not give it to me.

So after some testing, the 99 profile won’t charge and shows full charge with 4 Volt 6s/24v modules, same with 3 modules. 2 modules flashes charge profile and errors out…

Broke down and got a cheap Chinese BMS and getting info on profile 43/agm that the charger guy says wheego used.

Chinese BMS instructions were wrong for 24s as main power for it was another pinout clip. Got it figured out and wired to volt taps.

English android app is garbage doesn’t actually allow you to change any values on the settings screen. Any button in front screen says i think changing to lithium iron when pressed. Found a bunch of alternative apps on endlesssphere but none could connect. Found one in Google play store that costs $6, figured try that and refund if doesn’t work and it worked great. Can set all values record mileage and power used it looks like. Only issue is it doesn’t rotate and the tablet is sideways so will mount the lcd screen where the lock hole is above touch screen

Gonna try to put back together and mount batteries this weekend and baseline the range. Golf Cart parade is coming up!

More updates and pics to follow.

M@

@2002
Not sure which BMS you got but HYR BMS it is a little tricky to get the setting changed.
First you have to go and select all the items that you want to pull back the info on on the PARM tab and click UPDATE.
Then you can go and make the changes you want - then click SAVE.

Should work, did for me anyway but it took some time to figure it out.

1 Like

Ran test runs range seems like it should be fine. Put dash back together and charged. Overcharged and cart giving error -15, which is low voltage. Found frame is showing voltage again so another voltage leak, guessing from PCB. So complete system rewire in another thread is happening.

Reading up on quiq but battery modules working well bms working just need to dial in settings.

Will post a pick here for finished dash and monitors/mounts for battery.

M@