JK BMS - Abnormal Resistance of the Balance Wire Error

I recently built a battery pack consisting of 8 Audi E-Tron modules (LG Chem 3S4P 4KE.915.591.J and 4KE.915.591.H Battery Modules) and a JK B2A24S20P BMS. All the balance wires are solder connected to the the module cell tap pigtails and I verified proper order. The app is registering voltage on all the cells and a proper resistance on cell #1 but all the rest of the cells are 0 and it is flashing a “Abnormal Resistance of the Balance Wire” error message. Because of this it is keeping the balancing feature turned off as well. I have attached a pic of what the app is showing.

I tried reaching out to JK support but no response. I’ve also tried searching multiple forums to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to begin trying to troubleshoot this?

Thank you in advance for any insights!!

Try power cycling the JK.
I think it is part of the boot routine that does the calc on those.
It seems to sometimes miss a step on initial start.

Whatever you do, DON’T change your password.

@AssyRequired , thank you for the reply. I have already changed the password so should I change it back to stock then power cycle it? Also what is the best method to do so, just disconnect it from the battery or is there a setting in the app (I can’t recall)?

The problem with password is that I have seen a handful of people change it then forget what it was. The procedure to do a factory reset/recover is borderline impossible. Since you already changed it, leave it alone.

Depending on the generation of your JK, Just long press the power button and it will shut down. Wait a few seconds, then press it again to power back up.

Shouldn’t need a pass to power cycle.

Got it up and running finally. I was having trouble with the charger but once I resolved that issue and the BMS saw cell voltages rising it calibrated something inside the BMS and all of balance wire resistance values populated.

There is much voodoo packed in that little black box.
It just does magical things.